Dinner Party

Friday... The day before the big move.
Y/n and Sue spent most of Thursday packing the bigger items so today is the last few things.

Y/n: "Dom! Please bring the last boxes from downstairs!"
D: "Jeez y/n! Please would be nice."
Y/n: "Please!"
D: "Here... so you're really doing this?"

Y/n: "Please Dom, we've had this fight... I really need to try at least."
D: "I know, Dad would be proud... he always said to take action and do rather than dream of doing."
Y/n: "I love you, hey. I will hate not seeing you daily."
D: "yeah yeah... love you too, sis. Now finish, you don't want to be late for mom's dinner."

________________________
Later that evening ...
________________________

Y/n had finally packed everything and was ready for the dinner party, a sort of 'Bon Voyage, hope you don't fail' kind of party.
Everything was going well until Marc arrived during the goodbyes.

M: "Y/n? Can we talk?"
Y/n: "Marc? Sure let's go outside."

The air was cool and the stars bright and the party could be heard from the patio.

M: "I'm sorry about before... I just don't want to lose you."
Y/n: "I get that, but I need to choose me for a change."
M: "Yeah... just, I'll always be here when you come back."
Y/n: "Seriously?! When I come back? You still have no faith in me."
M: "Well-"
Y/n: "No Marc! I'm done, don't you get it? I'm not going on holiday, I'm moving for a job and I plan on staying there."
M: "Please li-"
Y/n: "Save it... I'm going to go and enjoy my last night here..."

Y/n leaves Marc outside and enjoys the rest of the evening; knowing in her heart that this was the right move to make...