5. Framed

I came home from Mikes house last night feeling exhausted, I sneaked back in thankfully not getting caught. I went straight to bed not wanting to face my angry father. I wonder if Michael is okay after our talk. God who knows what his father has said to him.

...

Currently It's 7am I thought. I was ready dressed for school sitting downstairs waiting for Michael as my dad walked in picking up a newspaper.

He looked up me, "Hey kid, sorry for lashing out on you last night, Im just stressed right now." He said.

"No no no it's okay, I understand, ..not to be jumping to any questions but.. how are me and Mike supposed to work if they want nothing to do with us?" I said getting up leaning on the couch as I heard a knock on the door. Opening the door, Mike walks in seeming a bit nervous.

"Hey kid, you're just in time for what I was telling Y/n" He said pulling out a ciggerette.

Me and Mike walked over as my dad continued to answer my question.

"For the new resturant, you see, me and Will's idea is for you guys is to make cover names. Will planned out some names as his cover up was Dave or.. something like that I dont remember." He said putting down his cigar.

"Oh, and what about that idea you guys had about the mascots? I never got to see you guys ever use them." I said questioning him.

"Oh yeah about that, because we dont have the rights to the resturant anymore, that idea has gone down the drain. Maybe if we work on another project we'll add that to our list." He said looking away.

I started to get nervous thinking about my dad having to wear the animatronic suit as a mascot costume. He doesn't know what he's getting himself into.

I walked towards the door as my dad called our names.

"Hey Y/n, Mike,... stay safe alright?" he gave a faint smile.

"we will, love you." I said walking out the door with Mike.

..."Love you too" My father said.

I hadnt noticed before but Mike's body bunch of bruises on his legs and arms covered by bandages. He didnt mention anything, he was always good at hiding things from people.

"Hey Mike." I said walking beside him.

"Hey." He said keeping his head down.

"Everything will be okay. I promise you." I looked at him as I bit my tongue and intertwined my fingers with his. I quickly noticed he shot me a glimpse as he looked down to our hands. His face had a tint of red on them.

Without saying anything, walking side by side, He rubbed his thumb on my hand as I felt my anxiety calm down.

Finally getting to the bus stop, I noticed everyone there was staring at us. We were no longer holding hands so why would they-
oh right.

The bus came along as Michael was very quiet the whole ride, he would look over at me every once and a while but other then that he didn't say a word.

_____________________________________________________

We arrived at school, everyone, and I mean everyone was looking at us. I saw some people pointing and whispering giving us scared looks as others backed up. I felt terrible. Walking to class, I attempted to walk up to my friends but they went quiet. I noticed Michael was still standing with me even though he sat at the back, I could tell he wanted to sit near me so I motioned him to follow me to sit at the back of the class with just me and him. The whole class was silent knowing about the news. Im sure many rumours have already been started.