14. Talk of the town

It was dark outside. It was midnight by now. We got into the car as I sat in the front with my dad and Mike got in the back.

The drive was quiet at first as my dad began to fill the silence.

"Okay you might as well be told because you're gonna find out sooner or later, however.. you and Mike are convicted of several murders" My dad said talking gently as possible. I could tell there was a lot of tension and stress between us all as I glanced in the mirror to see Michael crying with his head in his hand.

I stayed quiet to let my dad continue.

"Well.. everyone in the town is scared of you both. You got some ..people on your side. Theorists.." He mumbled.

"Theorists" He said glancing at me. "Folks who have theoretical aspects of the world. A lot of them are crazy and have wild opinions but.. y'know some of them are actually believable.." He said looking out the window.

"Yeah we have a bunch of fucking out cast psychos on our side" Mike said lifting his head in distress.

"Listen Mike, I get it.. It's just-" I cut off my dad.

"Why was William so mad at Mike?" I asked.

"William? You mean Uncle Will?" He said raising his eyebrows.

"Yes whatever" I responded annoyed.

"He's.. just stressed. That's all" There was some silence.

...

"What he said and did to Michael was not okay though at all" He said looking through the mirror back to Mike.

We were almost at home.

"Stressed? Dad tell me the truth. I'm not leaving this car until you tell me" I said starting to get worried. After what I... saw in that episode I had.. I can't stop thinking about it.. about him.

"Alright" He said as we parked in the driveway.

"When you were in your ..state, I stayed with you. Shaking you, screaming, trying to snap you out of it. While you were ..freaking out, you kept on screaming about Willi- Uncle Will." He sighed.

Mike moved up where we were and joined in. "You kept on screaming for him to stop and saying how something wasn't true.. I don't quite remember" Mike said looking down.

I looked at both of them still confused, "How does that explain why William was stressed and Mike you are upset at me" I told them.

Mike looked at me, the moon shimmered in his eyes from the tears he cried. "I'm not love. Just something happen-"

"William was distressed by seeing you saying his name in pain so he made a scene with Mike and it didn't end well" My dad said looking at Mike.

I felt hot tears run down my face as I looked up at both of them, "This is because of me isn't it?" I said.

"No! Are you kidding, kid I promise I could tell by the way Mike explained what happened I could tell what happened wasn't you. I know growing up I told you to not believe what you see in the newspaper but, hearing what happened to you.. it changed my perspective on things." He said looking at me holding my hand, "I hadn't told you yet but there was a bunch of witnesses coming in telling the officers what happened and their working on this new occurrence of being a belief that being ..possessed can actually happen" He said to me.

"Is that true?" I said to him.

"Yeah.. it's fucking crazy but thank God their considering this. If I was a cop in this situation I wouldn't know who to believe.." He said sighing.