ix. Butterfly garden

Song: Taylor swift- You need to calm down

"This is so exciting!" you exclaimed. "I can't believe we're at the zoo!"

Bucky chuckled and held onto your hand.

"I know how much you love animals, doll, so that's why I thought you'd like this date," Bucky beamed. "Which animal are you most excited to see?"

"Hmm, good question," you said as you furrowed your eyebrows in deep concentration. "Definitely the butterflies. They're my favorite animal. They are such beautiful creatures, and their wings are truly astounding."

Bucky awkwardly cleared his throat but didn't respond. He squeezed your hand as you walked to the lion exhibit. The male lion was stretching its back legs as the lioness cleaned her cub.

"Look, doll," Bucky whispered, pointing to the lion cub. "It's trying to roar."

You looked up and saw the lion cub next to the lioness. It opened its mouth wide and let out a high-pitched growl. After doing so, the lion cub went to play-fight with the other cubs.

"That was so cute," you smiled.

"Yeah," he smiled back. "Hey, I think the snow leopards are next. Wanna check them out?"

"Are you kidding?" you said enthusiastically. "I'd love to see the snow leopards!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was a blur. You saw a wide variety of animals, from dolphins to grizzly bears. You and Bucky even got to kiss a giraffe, which was one of the most amazing things you'd probably ever done.

The last stop was the butterfly garden.

"The butterfly garden!" you beamed. You dragged Bucky to the entrance of the butterfly garden, but he firmly planted his heels into the ground.

"Do we have to?" he asked. "I-I don't like butterflies."

"Oh, come on, Buck," you chuckled. "Don't be a pussy. They're just butterflies."

Before he knew it, you dragged Bucky into the butterfly garden.

The garden was swarming with butterflies, their beautiful wings fluttering as they flew around the room.

Bucky's face was pale, and his palms were soaking wet.

A gorgeous butterfly with rose-colored wings flew towards you and landed on your finger. It stayed there for a couple of seconds before fluttering over to Bucky and planting itself on his metal arm.

As soon as Bucky saw the butterfly on his metal arm, he screamed bloody murder.

"GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" he yelled at you while trying to squash the butterfly with his flesh hand.

The startled butterfly flew away before it could get killed.

Within seconds, Bucky's heavy body crashed to the floor. You bent down beside him and slapped at his cheeks, trying to get him to wake up.

After a few minutes, he eventually woke up to be greeted by your raucous laughter.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PASSED OUT!" you said as you exploded with laughter. "WHO KNEW BUCKY BARNES, THE GREAT AND MIGHTY WINTER SOLDIER, WAS SCARED OF ITTY-BITTY BUTTERFLIES!"

Bucky frowned as he got up and pulled you out of the butterfly garden. "I told you I didn't like butterflies," he groaned.

Edited on 21/06/2022