Chapter 6

Excuse any errors I may have made!!

⚠️Major Time Jump⚠️

Author's POV

I know I left y'all hanging last chapter with a heartbreaking cliffhanger and while I'm sorry I don't regret my decision because cliffhangers are one of the major ingredients to a story🤷🏽‍♀️.

So let me tell y'all what last happened.While the cops were never ever able to come up with a case,Erica and her boys did amongst themselves.Turns out the person who shot Karen was one of Drew's minions.The connections Erica and the guys had information from an opp of Drew's who was tired of doing his dirty work so he ratted Drew out.

They had to wait for the cops to close the case so they could handle their business.So as soon as the cops weren't into the case anymore,Erica's assassins killed Drew with a gunshot to the head and burned his body to a straight cremation.

Most of Detroit plus Drew's church couldn't believe that their leader just up and disappeared and not no any sort of information further than that,but the COGIC board voted for a chosen Bishop to take over his church until they received further information so business had to go on!!

Now with Karen's situation she unfortunately was shot but thank God she wasn't hit in her spine that could've paralyzed her from the waist down,because the Doctor who successfully did surgery on her had stated that the bullet missed it by a few inches.Plus an even more thanks to God for sparing her life.

After being fully recovered and then discharged after Erica made sure Karen was 100% up to planing their wedding they did it with close friends of theirs.

A year afterwards they adopted a few kids who have grown over the years right before their eyes,and recently adopted one more who is their youngest Zachary.

Although Erica and Karen's adopted kids brought so much more joy into their lives,they started falling apart.They went to a marriage counselor and the coping skills they were taught worked on this plus adopting one more kid who I mentioned as Zachary,but unfortunately Karen and Erica's problems was the least of their worries.

It turns out a fling who was an ex girlfriend of Erica's names Tia who set her up.She bumped into Erica who was not only her ex but also her old roommate.They caught up and Tia convinced her to have a couple drinks.Those drinks got to be too much because it had more so Erica on her face drunk.She used that to her advantage and took Erica to her place and took a couple of selfies of her and Erica with her kissing her lips and everything.She also made sure to add her number into Erica's phone as well as take down Erica's her number to keep.She also turned off Erica's phone so she couldn't be reached if someone was to try and find her for the night.

When Erica was sober the next day she noticed she wasn't at her home and seen her ex girlfriend Tia creepily staring at her.She freaked out thinking that she might've slept with her and cheated on Karen but she informed her that nothing happened,she was relieved and thanked her for making sure she didn't drive while drunk.Erica was getting ready to leave until her Tia attempted to try and get back with Erica but to her disappointment she turned her down telling her that she was happily married to someone with kids and has moved on from what they did have.

Since she did that Tia snapped and stalked Erica and her moves.She caused a argument between Erica and Karen,because while Erica was in the shower her phone kept going off,and Karen informed her that her phone was ringing.Erica told her wife to answer it for her but she missed the call.What she didn't miss was Tia sending Erica nudes,as well as photos of her and Erica when she took those photos of them without Erica knowing because she was passed out drunk and all hell broke loose.They argued and Karen never let Erica explain the messages and they even got into a fight because Karen beat her ass,but Erica fought her back and their older kids had to break them up.