quarante-huit

namjoon stood behind seokjin, arms wrapped tightly around seokjin's waist. with his chin placed comfortably on seokjin's wide shoulder and eyes watching seokjin's hands as he chopped up some fruit and placed them in a bowl. every movement seokjin made, namjoon was right there standing behind him. ever since they fixed their little rough patch in their relationship namjoon has been glued to seokjin's side at all times. it was either seokjin staying with namjoon or namjoon staying with seokjin. there wasn't a moment that namjoon and seokjin weren't glued together. except to use the bathroom of course.

seokjin didn't mind this at all, he found it endearing really. this big tattooed mafia leader who has killed people since his teen years pouting each time seokjin had to leave him, even if it was for a split second. when they'd sit down seokjin had to sit in his lap, it was a must, namjoon just had to be close to the male. the only thing that did stay on seokjin's mind when namjoon would do this is the fact that namjoon actually seems scared each time he'd leave. it was like the male was afraid seokjin would leave one day and just never show up again. he wanted to assure him that that would never happen.

"joonie, can you place these in the refrigerator please?" seokjin asked while turning his head towards namjoon and handing him the bowl. the leader happily took it and slid it in the refrigerator next to the rest of the fruit he had put up. seokjin had been making snacks all morning, today was his birthday and they all decided to have a kickback at his place just as they did for jimin's birthday. he had no problem making the snacks whatsoever, given that namjoon was attached to him like a koala attached to his mother. he wouldn't have it another way. he felt so warm and fuzzy each time namjoon placed himself back on to him.

he was just about done, he made all sorts of snacks knowing how he and his friends loves to eat. he grabbed the finger sandwiches he made and sat them down on the coffee table in his living room, along with the rest of the snacks he made. he was trying his hardest not to eat the food since he was starving. they had roughly thirty minutes until everyone would be there and frankly he was just ready for them to come so he could eat. he had to stop namjoon on multiple occasions from eating the food.

he smiled down at the presentation, one of his favorite parts about making food is working on its appearance. it always had to be neat and appealing to the eyes, so when he bakes at work, the presentation of said delicacies are always top tier. it was one of the main things that brought in customers, the way the food looked. there was a knock at the door suddenly, and with a smile still placed over his lips he walked towards the door to open it. namjoon had then beat him to it though, jimin stood at the front door eyeing namjoon down with a small look in his eyes.

"gonna take this as a sign of you two getting along now." jimin said, eyes never leaving namjoon's. seokjin nodded while grabbing namjoon's hand.

"getting along? were you two arguing or something?" yoongi's voice was heard, namjoon and seokjin's eyes widened. the only person who's known of the incident between the two was jimin and frankly they both wanted to keep it that way.

"uh yeah, had a small argument. nothing a kiss couldn't solve, am i right?" seokjin said awkwardly while looking at yoongi. yoongi tilted his head to the side before shrugging the whole situation off.

"if you say so, thought i was going to have to kill namjoon." yoongi said, eyeing the taller male, only half serious about the comment he made. namjoon chuckled awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"you're gonna let us in or are going to have to turn into popsicles out here." hoseok said, he stood next to yoongi with red tinted cheeks from the lack of warmth. seokjin nodded before moving to the side, letting the three males in. they all shedded their thick layers of coats and hung them up before walking into the living room, admiring the snacks seokjin had put out.