Chapter 1

Hi all, feel free to comment and express your opinions, also if Druig is speaking he is also signing, if I have gotten anything wrong please inform me I am reasonably fluent in ASL but am not Deaf or HoH myself. 

The faint smell of sand and stone woke him from his sleep, he found himself on an unfamiliar ship with unfamiliar people who all looked as equally confused as him.

Druig POV:

After a fair while of pure confusion and questions, everybody started introducing themselves "Thena... Gilgamesh...Ikaris...Sersi...Phastos...Sprite...Ajak...Kingo" I ignored most of them already sensing their personalities would clash with my own, but something was different about the one girl who hadn't spoken yet, she seemed confused at the rest of us and started motioning with her hands. Despite my empty memory the languages and forms of communication I have learnt in the past were left untouched, which I guess would come in handy about now. So, while everybody stood confused at her actions, I motioned back at her explaining what was happening the best I could.

Her name is Makkari, before I could respond to her, I was pulled out of my bubble by Ikaris I believe "What is happening, what is wrong with her?" he asked very rudely. I went to translate for Makkari but before I could she started signing at him relentlessly on what you could call a rant. I spared Ikaris the knowledge of the various profanities she called him and instead replied with an angry tone

"There is nothing 'wrong' with her, she is deaf, but despite that she can lip read and understand you pretty well, and her name is Makkari" I responded while signing so Makkari could understand what I was saying as well.

"Oh... well what are you doing with your hands? Is it some secret language?" Ikaris continued, he really is a prick and it's only been an hour.

"Well, Ikaris is it? many deaf people can't speak as well as we do so they developed a range of hand motions to symbolise words, it's called sign language" I replied trying not to sound condescending

Before Ikaris could respond to me Ajak started speaking about our mission, so I began translating for Makkari "essentially we need to protect the humans on earth from the deviants" Ajak finished, and everyone collectively nodded in understanding with our mission.

As we each explored the ship in our own time, I try to stay close to Makkari, I can't describe it, but she seems like the only one on this ship who might be a friend. Well, that's until she decides we need to race down the corridors.

We all knew we had powers considering we are from Olympia and Eternals after all but seeing everyone's inaction was quite intimidating especially this Ikaris dude who decided he needed to give everyone a full demonstration of how his powers work.

As everyone is in the common room demonstrating their powers, Makkari and I are having a longer introduction and she asks me "what are your powers?" I had already figured out hers after our race as she sped into the distance leaving a trail of gold behind her. "I can show you, but you will have to trust me" I responded, "I trust you" that was all I needed to start peering into her mind asking permission as I arrived, she jumped from fright not expecting anything to do with minds to be my power, I signed to her as she calmed down "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, I have the power of mind manipulation, mind reading and sensing others feelings, I don't show many because many become worrisome or fearful," she looked sympathetic "I understand that, I am not fearful of you though it just gave me a shock, I think it is really cool."

And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship