Chapter 4

(I Will Wait By Mumford And Sons)

Wilbur's Pov

The rain was pouring down as I sat in the diner I used to work in. I sat in the same exact spot that she used to sit in. The strawberry milkshake was in front of me but I didn't even feel like drinking it. I just got it because of her.

"Boring! See if i was here, i would've taken that from you by now."

I chuckled as my old boss walked around the place. He's been here through it all. He doesn't know everything, but he knows enough.

He sometimes sits with me on his breaks and we talk about her.

She just doesnt let me live without doing something that reminds me of her. I looked out of the window and watched the rain fall. The rain is such a calming thing to me now. It reminded me of peace and a strong feeling of serendipity.

I left money on the table before getting up and walking outside. I stood in the rain for a second before starting to walk down the streets.

I was so used to having her with me while walking down these streets, but now I'm just, alone. Everyone was filming a video for Tommy's vlog channel that I did not want to be in. After yesterday, I needed a day to myself.

I stood on the corner of the street that I remember so well.

"Can I touch your hair? Please?"

I sat down in the same spot where she first ran her fingers through my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair, pretending they were hers but I couldn't. Nothing was as close to her touch.

And I missed it.

I missed it like hell. I missed the random kisses, hugs. I miss every fucking thing about her, and every moment i got to experience, and every moment that i didnt get the chance to experience.

I laid back on the sidewalk, trying to imagine these moments that I had with her, all over again.

My heart was beating out of my chest, and I felt like something was so wrong, but I didn't bother to worry about it. I needed to be in this moment right now. Just like I did seven years ago.

"I will wait for you forever, Daytona. I said I loved you, and I still do."

Once the rain started to slow down I stood up and started walking back to my flat. I moved out with my parents and I live alone now, but I think that was known.

My parents still live in the flat we all lived in. I just couldn't be in my bedroom. The memories of me singing to her haunted me.

When I got back to my flat I took off my clothes and got into th shower, hoping to wash away some of the bad memories that were now trying to infiltrate my head.

I put on sweatpants and left my shirt off before I grabbed my guitar and sat down on my bed. I didn't even know why I was doing this but I was. I started strumming the chords to faithfully by journey.

I stayed quiet as I just strummed the song away. This was one song that I couldn't bring myself to sing. Never could i ever do it.

Every time i even listened to it my heart broke even more. The memory of dancing in Phil's kitchen brought me out of my mind.

I stopped playing the song and put my guitar down before standing in front of my mirror staring at the tattoo on my heart.

Two Strangers Learn To Fall In Love Again.

Was written there cleanly in her hand writing. Well it wasn't hers but i showed the tattoo artist how she wrote, and to me it looked exactly the same.

Since she was able to get it tattooed on her, I did. It may not be on my ribcage like she wanted it on her. But it's on my heart. Because I'm forever hers, faithfully.

There was a black heart next to it too. It was her finger print and it was small, but it was noticeable if you really looked. But what i liked more about it, was the fact that nobody knew it was there.

It really is a struggle to hide sometimes. But I was glad in the end when I did finally get home and nobody noticed it.

It was my secret, and I liked the fact that it was my secret. It was my own, I felt like I was honoring her in a way.

Her necklace hung around my neck as I laid back on my bed. I stared at the ceiling letting my emotions finally hit me.

You could hear the rain fall down onto the roof. The soft pattering calmed me down even more. This was one night where my emotions were not acting out badly. I felt content. I felt okay for once.

I felt like i was about to fall asleep, sleep was hitting me but i didn't want to sleep. All of the good memories were hitting me tonight and I wanted to just live through them over and over again.

I would get these random nights where all of the good memories hit and none of the bad memories hit, and these nights were my favorite.

I closed my eyes with a soft smile on my face, letting all of the memories take over my head completely. Living in memories has never felt so good until you are in moments like these.

Moments to which you love someone so much that you could care less about anything in the world. That person is your world, she is my world.

Reliving these moments with her was a breath of fresh air from me being drowning in the sea, for the longest time. It was something I so desperately needed.

My phone kept going off and I checked my messages.
Lovejoy, Tommy, Phil, and Skylar all texted me. Once I texted them back I turned my phone on silent, there were only a few people that could get through my silent ringer.

I laid back on my bed and closed my eyes once again. I pulled my blanket up to my waist and felt my body start to get fuzzy.

I quickly made sure that I didn't have my glasses on because I forgot if I took them off. When I finally stopped thinking about things, I fell back into memories.

Peaceful amazing memories.

1105 Words