Chapter 24

James's POV

It went silent for a moment before Jessica replies,

"I know that you're still in love with her."

"I never loved her. It was a bet remember?"

"Stop being so stupid and lying James! You loved her, and you know that. Bet or no bet, you were in love with her. And you still love her." She tells me.

Maybe I had to face the fact that I was still in love with Riley. That I wanted her back and as far away from Damien as she can get.

"Maybe I do still love her." I admit."I-"

"Shhh, be quiet!" She suddenly exclaims. I look around and see Riley walking toward us, a smile on her face.

"Hey Riley." Jessica says smiling.

"Hey guys." Riley replies.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" I ask.

"I'm on my break, and I seen you two come in so I decided I should come over." She tells me.

"So how have you've been? I never got a chance to talk to you that night at James's." Jessica says.

"Good, good. I'm in a relationship with a guy right now." Riley replies. I cringe.

"Oh, that's nice. What's his name?" Jessica asks.

"Damien." Riley replies.

"Well, I hope you two are very happy together." Jessica says.

"We are. He's one of the sweetest guys you can meet." Riley gushes.

"James, you're being awfully quiet." Jessica comments. I shrug.

"I better let you two get to your lunch." Riley says. "I'll see you later James."

"Yeah, bye." I mutter as she walks away.

"Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to be so cold." Jessica tells me.

"My ex girlfriend, my life, my decisions." I snarl.

"James, just tell her how you feel. It's better than beating yourself up over it." She sighs.

"It's too late. She told me yesterday that she loved Damien." I tell her.

"You screwed up pretty badly in high school. You need to woe her." She replies.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"I don't know. Impress her I guess." She responds.

"Well how am I supposed to do that?" I questions.

"I don't know. Just win her back! Be a man for once!" She exclaims.