Chapter 6 - Dil hai Tumhara

Sai was still thinking about everything when they returned to their room. She had mixed emotions. While she still felt a little guilty about not trusting him...she also felt immense joy in knowing that he didn't betray her. She couldn't even explain how happy it made her feel and like a huge weight was lifted.

Virat was getting ready for bed when Sai came out of the bathroom. As she looked at him her eyes softened and she felt emotional. She walked towards him and when he turned around she was right in front of him.

Virat: Kya hua Sai? (He asked softly)

(What happened Sai?)

Sai didn't answer but instead hugged him (ensuring that she didn't hurt his wound). Virat was shocked and unsure of how to respond...but he then wrapped his arms around her, hugging her back. Her head rested on his chest and she stayed there for a while. She just needed to be close to him.

Virat was a little confused but he also felt happy having her in his arms. He decided to tease her a little.

Virat: Aaj bahut pyaar aa raha hai?

(A lot of love is coming today?)

Sai: Bahut (She responded with her eyes still closed)

(A lot)

Virat's heart skipped a beat with her response.

Sai: Maine aapko bahut miss kiya (She whispered)

(I missed you so much)

Virat pulled away gently and looked at her confused. As he pulled away she opened her eyes and looked at him.

Virat: Miss kiya matlab? Main kahin nahi gaye the

(Missed me meaning? I didn't go anywhere)

Sai: Haan mera matlab...(She didn't know how to explain)

(Yes I meant...)

Virat: Tumhara matlab tum uss Virat ko miss karti ho jo sab kuch yaad tha? (He said a little sadly)

(You mean you miss the Virat who remembered everything?)

Sai nodded

Virat: lekin mujhe abhi bhi yaad nahi hai...to phir...achanak se?

(But I still can't remember...so then...all of a sudden?)

Sai: Pata hai...lekin aaj aisa laga jaise aap vapas aaye ho mere paas (She said getting emotional)

(I know...but today it felt like you came back to me)

Virat was confused...but he figured he would never be able to understand what she was going through with him not remembering...so he didn't say anything.

She hugged him again and he held her.

They stayed like that for a little while. They then separated and Sai went to study. Although she kept thinking about everything that happened.

After that she was much happier and Virat could tell by her mood. He didn't know what caused it but he knew she was happier and that made him happy too.

The next evening

The next evening, Kaku had arranged a pooja. Sai and Virat did the main pooja on Kaku's request. Ashwini asked Virat to fill Sai's mang with sindoor. He did...and as he did Sai became emotional, reminiscing their moments. Virat also got flashes of memories. As he finished putting the sindoor he shook his head as some memories flashed before him. They were hazy but he could see some glimpses of them.