Chapter 8 - Teri yaad saath hai

Pakhi was going to correct him and tell him about how Sai didn't trust him and wanted a divorce. She thought she could use it to her advantage since Virat didn't remember who Shruti was and why he was helping her. Pakhi thought she could easily blame Sai and Virat would get upset at her for her lack of trust...but then another idea came to mind. As she saw Virat's reactions on the thought of him cheating on Sai...she knew he felt guilty and distraught.

Pakhi (in her mind): Agar Virat ko lagta hai ki usne sach mein Sai ko dhokha diya...to vo khud guilt mein, Sai se door rahenge. Kam se kam kuch dino ke liye vo Sai se door rahenge

(If Virat feels that he has really betrayed Sai... then he himself will stay away from Sai in guilt. At least, he will stay away from Sai for a few days)

Pakhi left Virat with those thoughts and left the room. 

Virat sat on the bed looking at the divorce papers. Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about betraying Sai. 

Virat: Main aisa kaise kar sakte hai. Main kisi bhi ladki ko dhokha kaise de sakte hai...aur khaas daur pe Sai ko? Vo to kitni acchi hai...aur mujhe kuch yaad nahi hai lekin mera dil jaanta hai ki main isse pyaar karta hu. Aur agar pyaar karta hai to dhokha kaise de sakte 

(How can I do that. How can I cheat on any girl...and especially Sai? She is so good...and I can't remember anything but my heart knows that I love her. And if I love her how can I cheat)

Virat: Aur agar maine Sai ko dhokha diya, to phir vo vaapas kyu aaye...mera khayal rakhne ke liye?

(And if I betrayed Sai, then why did she come back... to take care of me?)

He wanted to believe that he could never do that to Sai. But remembering how his family asked about Shruti, how the woman on the phone said his wife's name was Shruti and how Sai would pull away or be distant at times, made him believe he actually did cheat on Sai. 

He felt horrible for it, and he couldn't bring himself to even face her. He avoided being in the room when she got back home. When Sai came home she noticed the room was empty...

She went to study, trying not to think about what happened the night before. She found it strange that Virat wasn't in the room. After a while, he finally came...but he didn't talk to her. He went straight to the bed and lay down. She looked over to him and saw he was squeezing his head as he lay with his eyes closed. She thought he might have a headache so she got so balm and went on the bed to massage his head. Virat was shocked as she gently started squeezing his head. He pulled away a little

Virat: Sai tumhe ye sab karne ki zaroorat nahi hai (He said not being able to look at her)

(Sai you don't need to do all this)

Sai: Mujhe koi problem nahi hai 

(I have no problem)

Virat looked away, unsure of what to say.

Virat: L-lekin tumhe padhai karni hai-

(But you have to study-)

Sai: Chup. Kuch mat bolo (She said gently as she placed her finger on his lips)

(Stay silent. Don't say anything)

He looked at her with confusion and guilt. 

Sai: Apne aankhen band karlo (She said sweetly)

(Close your eyes)

He reluctantly closed his eyes. She smiled and gently squeezed his head. He didn't want her to do it because he felt like he didn't deserve her love and care. But he didn't know how to stop her either...he couldn't tell her that Pakhi told them about the reason they were going to get divorced.