Chapter 1 - Ek vaade ki keemat

After Sai helps with Shruti's operation, she leaves the hospital. Virat tried to catch up with her and talk to her but she was already gone. He was distraught because he knew now she may never believe him.

The next day

Virat meets Shruti when she regains conciousness. She asks about Sai but Virat doesn't want to talk about it. Shruti feels terrible for being the reason that Virat's life is falling apart. She tells Virat that she's willing to give him the information about the other naxalites and help him save his job. She explains that he can use it and tell his seniors that was the reason he was helping her...to get the information. Virat maintains that he helped her because of his "vaada" to Sada and not in exchange for information. But he also didn't want to refuse her offer for the information because he knew it was important. So he accepted her offer.

The next day

Virat visits DIG sir. He gives him the information about the other naxalites. DIG sir asks about how he got the information. Virat comes clean about helping Shruti. DIG was proud that Virat did all of this to get the information...but Virat stopped him and told him the whole truth. About his promise to Sada and his intentions. DIG felt disappointed as he never expected Virat to be someone to betray his duty. Especially knowing all that Virat did before...and how he was the one to kill Sada despite being his friend. DIG never expected this from Virat. Virat hands in a letter of resignation as he says he doesn't deserve his position as ACP or as an IPS officer anymore. However, he asks for Shruti and Sahas' protection from the naxalites. DIG sir said that in exchange for the information, they would place Shruti into protective custody and shift her to another city. Virat was happy with this decision.

(I have no idea how to save Virat's job or reputation but I will try. I'm sorry if it makes no sense 😭.)

Over the next few days, Shruti and Sahas got transferred to another city. Virat tried calling Sai but she wouldn't answer and everyone refused to tell him where she was now staying. And Samrat warned him not to go to her college to meet her.

Virat gets a call from DIG sir asking him to come in. When Virat arrives, DIG tells him that they located some of the naxalites and wanted Virat's help in arresting them. Virat was confused...and asked about the resignation letter. DIG sir said he didn't accept it yet and wanted to give Virat one chance to redeem himself. Virat was shocked. DIG sir then gave him some more shocking news...he told him that from what they found....Sadanand was alive. Virat was beyond shocked and started to get emotional. DIG sir said that if Virat could prove that his duty stands above all, by catching Sadanand dead or alive, he would forgive his misdeeds.
Alot of thoughts ran through Virat's mind. He thought about when Sada "died" in his arms and the promise he made. He thought about his guilt of making Sahas fatherless. And he thought about his farz. He remembered Kamal sir's teaching..."farz aur jazbaat hamesha alag rehna chahiye" (Feelings and duty should always remain apart). He knew he failed in that amongst other things and that Kamal sir would be very disappointed in him. He remembered his oath to protect his country and the reason he wanted to be an IPS officer in the first place. He remembered how proud his family always was about his job. And most importantly, he remembered Sai...her pride in him when it came to his duty. He failed her in many ways...even if she didn't know about it. 

Virat pushed his emotions aside and informed DIG sir that he would put his duty above all. And they would catch Sada and the other naxalites dead or alive. DIG sir felt happy to hear this. They got to work.

Meanwhile....

Sai had rented a flat while she kept going to college. After the hospital she didn't want to see Virat. Not even to give him the divorce papers. She signed them...but she couldn't bring herself to send him it or even come face to face with him. She tried to move on, to forget about him...but almost everything reminded her of him...and his betrayal. She still couldn't fully accept it. And everytime she thought of it she broke down. She tried to focus only on her studies but that was also hard.
She saw Virat's calls but refused to answer them.