Chapter 5 - Sachayi

That evening

For the entire day Virat thought about what happened with Sai the night before...and her sort of strange behavior towards him. It confused him. But he also wanted to make her feel better as he knew something was bothering her a lot...so he planned a small surprise for her. 

Flashback to during the day

During the day he spoke to Ashwini Aai.

Virat: Aai?

Aai: Haan Godu?

Virat: Aap Sai ki pasand, na pasand ke baare mein jaante honge na?

(You must be aware of Sai's likes, dislikes?)

Aai: Haan Aai hun main iske

(Yes I am her Aai)

Virat smiled

Virat: Kya vo chocolates pasand hai?

(Does she like chocolates?)

Aai: Haan bahut...lekin sabse zyaada usse candy floss pasand hai

(Yes very much...but most of all she likes candy floss)

Virat: Candy Floss?

Aai: Haan Sai ko bahut pasand hai. Aur pata hai...tum hamesha uske liye laate the. Jab Sai ki koi bada achievement ya celebration ho...ya phir jab bhi tumhara man karta hai (Aai said smiling at the memories)

(And you know...you always used to bring it for her. Whenever there is a big achievement or celebration for her...or whenever you feel like it)

Virat also smiled. 

He also asked about her favorite foods. 

Aai: Vaise ye sab tum kyu pooch rahe hai?

(By the way why are you asking all this?)

Virat: Main Sai ke liye kuch special karna chahte the...mere itne acche se khayal rakh rahe hai

(I wanted to do something special for Sai...she is taking care of me so well)

Ashwini got a little emotional remembering how Virat would spoil Sai and do special things for her just to make her happy. Now it felt like she had her son back...and she didn't know who that person was who hurt Sai. 

Virat asked Mohit to take him out as he couldn't start back driving as yet. So they went out and Virat got things Sai would like.

End of flashback - Evening

Sai returned home frustrated about not finding Shruti. She went into the room and was shocked as she saw the chocolates, candy floss and boxes of food on the table. 

Sai: Ye sab kya hai? (She wondered)

(What is all of this?)

Virat came up behind her.

Virat: Ek chota sa surprise

(A little surprise)

She turned to face him and was shocked

Virat: Kaisa laga?

(How do you like it?)