Chapter 6

Alonzo's POV

Going through paperwork I started to wonder when Max was going to find the Princess and how hard it could be to find her just when I was finishing up the last paper Max walked in with a small girl with long black hair and had brown eyes that two different shades one lighter than the other and pretty brown skin. She was just beautiful just looking at her face alone, "You my be the Princess miss.." She averted her eyes from me as if she didn't want to talk or she was just shy, "Can you talk? It's rude to not respond." She looked up and quickly looked away, what's wrong with her? Max tapped her shoulder and whispered in her ear which made her hide behind him...Did I scare her?

"Alonzo she's a bit shy and... she says you look mean." he said while chuckling at me. She's like a five year old I guess I would act like that too if I was trapped in a palace for years too "I'm not going to hurt you but I do have questions for you like why are you here when you're a royal especially if you don't want anything to take from us."

She fiddled with her fingers "My parents are controlling and I don't like the way they talk about the people here you guys have done nothing wrong to me or our family so...I ran away." Interesting she clearly is nothing like her parents she has a heart "And how do you feel about superhumans do you see us as a threat?" she stepped away from Max and walked a little closer to me but not too close "I don't see you as a threat but I do find you fascinating from your city to the people in it, a girl I ran into was born without powers and she's normal but is still labeled as a superhuman because her parents are. And the city is beautiful but the Wreckage is questionable why is that a thing?" 

She's already seen the wreckage which is a bit surprising to me "The wreckage was built by the people who do not want to comply to the rules when it comes to working to make the city better so I let them go on their own they have a choice to come to my terms they chose to stay that way but it's not too late for them. And as for the girl you met there are a lot of people who are born that way but as I tried to explain to your father years ago he didn't seem to care so they have no choice but to stay here and deal with the unfairness they're forced to deal with." 

She did the unexpected and ran up to hug me while saying she was sorry for her parents not wanting us to be in these conditions anymore, I was definitely surprised and slowly hugged her back not really knowing how to take the fact that a royal was hugging me right now she's so small and warm. I began to heat up flames began to come out of my body she's making me flustered but I can't have these feelings for her I just met her.

She backed away from me in shock "Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?" Max laughed out loud and looked in my direction wiggling his eyebrows which made me flustered even more in result my flames got bigger but it got to the point that I ended up burning the princess. "I'm so sorry!! I'm such an idiot!" she winced in pain but held her hand up as if to tell me to not worry. Her hands glowed a bright green color as she placed her hand on her arm...She's a healer.