Chapter 3

"Here we are princess...May I ask why you want to be in such a place and so far from home?" I look him not really wanting to talk because of his rudeness earlier. "It's my business and I would like to keep it that way if you don't mind." Nodding his head in respect he drove off, looking around Downwind looks a lot more fun than home I saw so many different people walking, flying, jumping, flipping etc. this is amazing but the way it looks run down it's no place for a princess for sure. I wondered around just looking while getting stares everywhere. As I walk up to a booth for food a man looks at funny "You know people wouldn't stare at you so hard if you didn't dress like royalty if you didn't know already royals are not necessarily liked around here. So I suggest you at least look like you're from here." 

I mentally facepalm myself I still had my gown on from home of course they don't want me here. "Is there anywhere I can get new clothes?" He pointed to the right of me "Go over there and ask that lady with the white hair she'll take care of you." "Thank you." he grunted at me in response which I guess means you're welcome. As I walk up to the lady she looks me up and down "Not from here must be a royal what brings you here?" she asked gently "I'd like some new clothes please." Motioning me to follow her she took me to a table and asked what my style was, I wish I knew the answer everything was picked out for me. I shrugged my shoulders like a little kid she giggled at me and said I could try some on to see which ones I like.

This is embarrassing I don't even know what I like it's like I'm 3 years old I thought to myself while trying on clothes. Then I found one that hugged my curves just right but wasn't too revealing and I felt comfortable in them 

I walked out showing the nice lady my outfit she smiles "It looks great on you dear definitely suits you. It's on the house it's yours." I shake my head and give her 500 gold coins "You've been very helpful miss thank you so much." she pushes it away at first "The outfits aren't even that much! I can't take that from you it's way too much." I thank her and walk away without another word. Once I walked out I still got stares but not as much as I walked past the food booth the guy said I looked like I belonged and it made me smile I thanked him and bought a sandwich. " A little advice for Downwind we like to have fun so try not to be boring and bring your royal lifestyle." I didn't want to change myself for this place more than I had to I act the way I want to.

"If it's not too much to ask I need somewhere to sleep do you know where I could go?" "If you want something comfortable you want to go up the hill past what we call the wreckage it's full of lost people but if you keep your head down they won't bother you. Then you want to take a right at the end of the exit, there you'll find a hotel outside the wreckage." 

I thank him and give him a small amount of coins for his help. "woah thanks!" I grunt in his direction and he gives me a laugh "you're already fitting in kid!"  

Walking up the hill into the Wreckage I saw so many people who needed help and had nowhere to go and nowhere to stay I felt really bad and I wanted to do something about it but I couldn't. It made me realize that I did have a blessed life at home and I understand why my parents wanted me to stay inside, but this is their reality something has to be done they're people too how could my parents order these people to live like this when we live peacefully and in harmony?

"Please help." I looked down and saw a little girl with hazel eyes, a ripped dress, and wild hair covering my mouth in pity I swiftly handed the girl the other half of my sandwich and gave her five gold coins. "shh don't tell anyone ok? I don't have enough for all of you." She hugged me and ran away into an ally, I shook my head and quickly walked to the end of the town then took  a right like the man said and there was the hotel he was talking about.

I quickly ran into the building "Room for one please." "How long will you be staying?" the lady asked without looking at me.  "Until I'm ready to leave I'll let you know." Nodding her head she gave me a key to room 95. Quickly going to the room I immediately took a shower and went to sleep wondering what tomorrow will bring me next.