Chapter 17

King Zions POV

It's been 24 hours since I've seen Phoenix and Alonzo I was afraid to move from the living area I didn't know mu surroundings yet and I defiantly didn't want to step on any toes this is their world they know this place better than me, I got up and looked out the window starring down at all the people who worked and made a living for themselves then I saw most people scrapping for food, money, and shelter. I knew it was bad but not this bad I would've sent guards Downwind by now if it wasn't for Diana trying to protect Phoenix but now that I look at it she should've seen this she wouldn't be the rebellious girl she is now if she just knew what this place was.

"Like the view of poverty does it excite you King?" I heard from behind me I slowly turned around thinking it was Alonzo but it wasn't it was the other guy that was with him and Phoenix. He sat down on the arm of the couch making his wine spin in his glass, "You know if it were up to me you would've already been thrown in the Wreckage to have them deal with you they hate you more than we do. But because Alonzo cares for Phoenix he doesn't, it's too good for you look at those people that you refused to help all because of how they were born." 

He slowly walked up to me and cut my cheek, I winced in pain while looking away not wanting to look in his eyes they held so much anger and with good reason they should. He stared at me for a while as if he was trying to figure out what to do with me until he poured the wine on the cut making it feel worse. "That's not even the half of what you should get old man! My people are suffering and you have the audacity to look down on them even now when you are brought here by default! I should cut you more and put you through more just to show you how much we despise what you've done to us what did we do to you?!"

I couldn't answer that because the answer was clear they did nothing to me or my family the hatred that bottled up inside just took over and got out of hand it became a habit a very unhealthy one and things got out of hand. I shook my head in shame averting my eyes away from him "You make me sick and I hope Phoenix sees how bad of a father you are to try and put that image in her head about us, you and your sick wife can both rot!" and with that he left slamming the door behind him all I could do was feel fear this isn't a place for me as selfish as it may sound I'd much rather be in the luxury of my home than be here.

I know my wife and how much she loves me she would never hurt me the way they said she was they don't know Diana especially Alonzo, Phoenix on the other hand should know her mother by now she's a kind woman and an excellent Queen. As I get up to walk out the door it opens with Phoenix and Alonzo standing in the doorway they look so happy until they see me walking out. "Where are you going dad? If you want a tour of Downwind I'm sure Max would give you one." I gave her a glare "I don't think I want that mongrel to give me anything." Their faces changed immediately "Don't call him that you don't have the right to after all you put us through as a whole and the trouble of getting you here! Phoenix could've been hurt, I could've been hurt, Max too! All because of your crazy wife!" 

I grabbed Alonzo by the collar "Don't speak about my wife that way if you had any respect for Phoenix you would watch what you say about her!" "You are the last person to try to teach anyone about respect old man! You want me to respect your wife then you respect me first!" I push past him not wanting to hear anymore of his talking I want my wife and no one is going to stop me from achieving that, I made my way to the boarders of Downwind until Phoenix called for me I love my daughter but she's no daughter of mine if she can't abide by the rules she can stay down here with them and have fun in the poor lifestyle they've created.

"What do you want Phoenix? If you're trying to bring me back it's not going to work your mother needs me." "She's unstable dad she doesn't know what she's doing and I get that you want to be by her side but she needs to answer for this she hurt you I know what I saw she was angry at you enough to poison you! Why would you ever want to go back to someone like that?!" 

I know she's got good in her she has to it's Diana 

"We're done here Phoenix." I tried to walk away from her but she started to mumble a spell under her breath but as far as  I was concerned she could only heal so I paid it no mind. She finished the spell and it hit me in the head black dots blocked my vision.

"I'm sorry dad but I love you too much to let you do this."