The Guide to loving yourself

You may find yourself thinking, "You're telling me to love myself, but how can I do that if I absolutely despise myself?" Consider this: what causes you to despise yourself? Is it because you don't resemble the other people? Or is it because you spend a long time staring at yourself and analyzing every single detail of your body in search of something you can call a "imperfection"? Remember that beauty exists on a spectrum. Someone may secretly admire your features and think you're one of the most beautiful people they've ever seen.
So you like a guy, and he says he likes a certain body type, with certain facial features, height, and hair type; then you realize you don't fit any of those descriptions. You begin to despise yourself. You despise the fact that you don't look the way a person would prefer you to, so you work hard to change your appearance. You realize you don't really want to change your appearance, but if that will get a person to like you , you proceed to do it because you want to please others. Don't do it.
Why would you try to be someone you're not just to be liked? You must prioritize yourself and you most love about yourself. 
If you like your hair and someone tells you, "I like it better long" or "I like it better short," listen to your own instincts rather than other people's.
Our minds have a tendency to make us crave validation so badly that we must choose what we truly love rather than what we believe others will prefer.
Or if you feel more comfortable wearing certain clothes, let's say sweats and hoodies or more loose clothing; don't let anyone make you feel forced to change and wear something that is not in your comfort zone. Wear what you normally wear if you feel more confident in it. Because it is way better to be confident and unconcerned about what others think of you than to be insecure and overly concerned with pleasing others.