Part Nine

TWs:
Notes: Written along side Camp_Gravity

The three girls rushed over to Dolores's room, that now has Isabela's name on it, and quickly shut the door behind them.

Dolores let her nerves show. "Oh. What if he doesn't like me after this date?" A small grey cloud started to emerge above her head as she started to panic but her cousins immediately came in to help calm her.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Mariano is a very nice guy."

Mirabel nodded. "Yup! And don't forget that he practically wants to marry you already, so you're already in a pretty solid relationship with him."

Dolores blushed and the cloud turned into a small rainbow.

Her cousins noticed it and smiled with relief. "See? It'll all turn out fine." Mirabel assured and started to encourage her, "And, to be honest, you're the smart one here! You know what you're doing and you do what you want to happen!"

"I want to be happy with him."

"And you will be. Cause you're a great person, Dolores."

"You really think?"

She nodded. "I know."

Isabela nodded in agreement. "You're beautiful and very kind."

"Exactly!"

Dolores blushed and smiled. "Thank you."

"Just saying the truth."

Mirabel nodded. "It is. Now let's get you dressed into something nice."

"And something red, cause man, you pull off red better than anyone."

"Oh yeah, for sure."

"I have a red dress?"

"Perfect then!"

Isabela nodded. "Go put it on!"

Dolores nodded and went to her closet to look for her dress to put on. She soon was able to find the solid red dress. She changed out of the dress she wore to sleep and Isabela helped tie it up at the back for her.

Isabela helped do her makeup, giving her sharp, yet swirly eyeliner and popping red eyeshadow and lipstick.

Mirabel mostly just stayed by to watch and continued to encourage Dolores so she wouldn't get nervous again.

Isabela braided her hair, leaving some hair to perfectly frame her round face.

"Wow, you look amazing Dolores." Mirabel commented.

She blushed. "Think he'll like it?"

"He'd be insane not to."

"Definitely."

Dolores smiled and did a little spin. "I feel pretty, that's important, right?"

Mirabel nodded. "Self confidence, that's good. Just try to stay positive and calm and remember, this is supposed to be fun! Just have a good time and don't even worry about having your mom's gift."

She nodded. "Just a few more hours!"

"Wait, when exactly is your date at?"

"At noon."

"Oh. We really unnecessarily rushed this..."

Dolores shrugged. "We should give each other makeovers until he gets here."

"That sounds fun. What do you say, sis?"

Mirabel shrugged. "I'm not really into that sort of thing but I guess-"

"Pleaseeeeee?"

She quickly got annoyed by their pleads and sighed with defeat. "Oh, alright. Just this once."

Isabela clapped and pulled all of the clothes out of the closet.

Mirabel sighed. "This is going to be a long four hours..."