Epilogue

TWs:
Notes: Written along side Camp_Gravity

That night, everyone went to sleep in their own designated rooms. The morning came and Mirabel was the first to wake up.

She was on her soft bed and in her own room. She did not wake up in Bruno's room or her sister's room or anyone else's room but her own. She was so glad that she wasn't waking up in Bruno's sand trap of a room.

There were no rats on or surrounding her. It was quite a relief. She found rats to be disgusting.

As she rubbed her eyes while sitting up, she could feel it. She feel the absence of the gift she previously had. That was disappointing. She had only used it once....

But, it helped. She had proved Bruno wrong that his gift was a curse, that it would only hurt people. She was a little shocked with the family's reaction when they had first told them of the plan.

They didn't want to believe it.

Did Bruno really go through that with every vision? It would be awful if he did. It wouldn't be fair to him.

She hoped that the others got their gifts back. She hoped they knew how special they were. She decided to go check on Bruno. She had a feeling that he didn't know how special he is.

She went to his room. His door had his name on it. Seeing it was already assuring.

She knocked. She waited a while for him.

He eventually opened the door. "¿Hola?"

"Bruno?"

"¿Sí?"

"I'm guessing you have your gift back?"

He nodded, rubbing his eyes. "Yep."

She nodded. "Well, that's a relief."

"Yep. More living as the mistake. Yay."

"You aren't a mistake."

"I am."

"You aren't. If anyone's the mistake is me. I can't even help people like you all can."

"Trust me, you aren't a mistake."

"I am back to having no gift. I can't give anything to anyone. But you all can while I'll just be here getting in your way."

"I get in the way more than you do."

"You don't."

"I do."

"How could you get in the way when you have a gift? You're all special and can do such amazing things when I can't!"

"I'm always at fault. No matter what."

Mirabel sighed. "We're not gonna get anywhere by arguing over something like this."

"Yeah..."

"I don't blame you for anything though, I want you to know that."

"You don't?"

"Of course not."

He smiled. "Let's go have breakfast with everyone."

She smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good."

Bruno nodded and picked up a rat. "Wanna hold her?"

She chuckled awkwardly. "Heh, nah, I'm good."

"Alright."

She nodded.

"Let's go."

"Yeah," she nodded, "Let's go see our famila."

He nodded and they went downstairs to wait for the rest of the family. They watched them come in, and it was pretty obvious to see they had their original gifts back.

Camilo was so excited to have it back he could barely stay in his own form.

Isabela walked in gracefully with flowers following her path.

Dolores look annoyed to hear all the sounds she could finally block the past few days, but was still smiling after missing her gift.

A rainbow followed Pepa.

Antonio came in riding a huge turtle, chatting with it about what he wanted for breakfast.

Everyone was happy. Their gifts were restored. Everything was as it should be.