Chapter 8 - You Messed With The Wrong Danvers

"There you are."

Alex found Kara with her elbows propped up on the DEO's balcony, her gaze lost for several minutes. She approached and looked at her sister.

"Kara, you're crying...what's wrong?" She asked patting her sister's back in an attempt to give her some comfort.

"I did what you said, went to see Lena, tried to talk to her..."

"Apparently it wasn't good, was it? Tell me what happened."

"She barely looked at me, Alex... she was clearly avoiding me, running away, trying to push me away. The worst thing is that I saw in her eyes that she was still there, my Lena... but it was like she was afraid of come close to me..." Kara sobbed in her tears, almost choking on those thoughts. "I wish I hadn't woken up, Alex. If I'd known it would be like this... I'd rather be sleeping until today, at least she'd be close to me."

"Don't you ever dare say that again, do you understand me?" Alex took a deep breath and added, "That's enough. I'll make my arrangements and talk to her. She's now messed with the wrong Danvers, she can't do this with you."

"Alex, please, don't..."

"I will! And I will right now! Who does she think she is to treat you like that, hurt you like that? She's going to see me and it's right now."

"Alex..."

"I'm gone, Kara. Don't even try to stop me!" She said with her back turned, already on her way to the exit.

(...)

Alex took no notice of the assistants sitting outside Lena's office, trying to prevent her from entering the room. She burst through the door with a bang, making Lena nearly jump out of her chair.

"We're going to have a little chat now, Luthor. Just you and me."

Lena signaled to the visibly startled assistants who were behind Alex to let them know that everything was fine, that they could leave and gently asked them to close the door on their way out.

"I once told you that Kara has a pure and innocent heart, she believes in people, and that's why she gets hurt easily. She left here in tears, in case you didn't know. Because of you! But, for your bad luck, her older sister isn't that innocent and isn't afraid to kick some asses. Not even yours."

"Alex, please take it easy..."

"What do you think you're doing with my sister, Lena?" Alex had both hands on Lena's desk, standing in front of her, his body leaning forward. "First you take her to pink clouds, you tell her you love her... and then you knock her out without even having the courage to say what the HELL happened?! She even told me the absurdity that she wouldn't have woken up if she'd known it would be like this! And if you make my sister cry, Lena Luthor, know that I can make you cry a lot more."

Lena collapsed. She put her face in her hands and began to cry profusely. Alex thought "I didn't even know I could bully that much, is she really crying already?". Lena felt the pain of hurting Kara and making her suffer. It was the least she wanted, she just wanted to keep her safe.

"I love your sister, Alex... I've never felt this way about anyone. She is the light that took me out of the dark life that is instilled in this last name I carry."

Lena's words had sincerity, and Alex noticed. She was excellent at reading people and knew Lena spoke the truth.

"Having almost lost Kara to death destroyed me. I couldn't bear to live in a world where she didn't exist, Alex..." Lena sobbed.