Chapter 10 - 2 Thousand Light Years Towards You

Kara looked dazedly at that room. It was huge, but it still managed to be cozy. It was all in extremely good taste, with soft lines, light colors, half light that brought an air of comfort to that room that clashed with the rest of the house with more earthy colors and darker tones. It was definitely Lena's room. She couldn't help but make the comparison: Lena really was the light within that family of always somber airs.

Lena had been out of the room for a minute, and Kara turned to her as soon as she opened the door on her return. She couldn't get enough of looking at Lena. Even though she had seen her all night, she looked even more stunning now. Her black dress with a clean cut, fitted to her body, with a high collar and exposed shoulders, a suggestive and provocative slit that climbed up her left leg, insinuating her fair skin in contrast to her dark dress. Her hair, black and shiny as the night, arranged perfectly in a flawless bun held by a small silver comb, her small diamond earrings that, along with her red mouth, highlighted her emerald eyes, making them even greener. She held a blue rose in her hands, in the exact shade of Kara's eyes.

"I know I can give you any gift in the world, I can give you anything you want, and I will, but today I wanted to give you this. Beautiful, fragrant, and delicate... just like you." Lena held out the rose to Kara. "I made some modifications so that it would have my favorite shade of blue in this lifetime, the same color as your eyes."

Kara took the flower excitedly. Had Lena really modified a rose just for her? Her eyes moistened with that gesture so simple and so beautiful. She knew Lena could buy her a country if she wanted to, but that rose was one of the best gifts she'd ever received.

"Lena... it's beautiful! I've never seen anything like it... I've never received a gift as wonderful as this... thank you, my love."

"My love". Lena heard those two words come out of Kara's mouth and felt a happiness like she'd never felt before. She had no doubts about Kara's love, but she never really thought she was worthy of it. Kara had the purest and most precious heart she had ever known, she didn't understand how someone like Kara could fall in love with someone like her, love someone like her. She had always the impression that she was a damaged person, raised without love, to be ruthless, to see feelings as weaknesses. It was entirely new what she felt for Kara, a sense of surrender, of comfort and protection, an eagerness to see her, touch her, smell her, taste her. Kara was so much more than she could have imagined.

And there she was. That golden-haired goddess, with eyes that looked like two blue galaxies that looked into her soul, with delicate features and soft hands, hands that could literally throw a bus miles away, and yet they were soft, smooth as velvet. The purity of the innocent gaze, enchanting with that simple flower, contrasted with the powerful, lush, and utterly attractive woman before Lena.

"Gorgeous..." Lena spoke in no more than a whisper, her gaze filled with desire and devotion, admiring the blonde who had dominated her every thought since the day she appeared in her life.

For Lena there were no words, in any of the languages she knew, that could describe what she felt looking at Kara in that instant. It was the image that would perfectly describe all the beauty in the world, all the delicacy, all the magnetism that could exist. It was impossible for her not to be attracted to Kara. As if she didn't want to break that spell, Lena slowly approached the beautiful woman in front of her, totally mesmerized by the image of Kara contemplating that single rose.

"May I?" Lena said pointing to Kara's glasses, who nodded. "As much as I find the intellectual air that those glasses give you charming, today I want you without them... and you look even more beautiful, if that's possible somehow. I want absolutely nothing between you and me tonight." She took off Kara's glasses and glared at her.