Chapter 23 | All The Devil's Are Here

***Aiden Sullivan POV***

My fingers worked slowly as I tied the strands of the red Venetian mask decorated with rhinestone on Adriana, her glimmering green eyes examining my every movement through the small holes as I caught a glimpse of her beautiful face from the large mirror in front of us.

"All done."

I shoved my hands in the pockets of my clean red and black velvet suit, the colours corresponding with Adriana's dress and mask. Ana wore the gift I had given her; a red satin dress with double slits, her large v-line showing a little extra cleavage as I looked down at her open back, the dress holding together with the many strands that I had tied earlier.

"You look good." I complimented, brushing the edge of my fingers down Adriana's exposed back

Her breath hitched in her throat as I slid my hand to the curve of her hips, the red material stuck tightly to her body as it showed off her figure. Her heartbeat quickened as I brought my lips to the edge of her shoulder, planting a small kiss on it as I took in the sweet scent of her perfume. She was perfect.

"If we weren't going to that party, I wouldn't hesitate to rip that dress off of you before making you scream." I gently whispered into her ear, the palm of my hand resting on her stomach as her back pressed against my body

"So, you like me in this dress?" She asked, her fingers caressing my knuckles

"I do. But I like you without clothes more."

She let out a low laugh, one that was too difficult to hear as she shook her head, her lips turning into a smile before she turned around to face me. She pressed her body against mine, her fingers resting against my tie as she fiddled around with it, straightening it.

"Are you excited to meet my dad?" She asked, biting her bottom lip as I gripped her waist in my hand

"Nervous, actually. He doesn't particularly like me."

Every time I had an encounter with Adriana's dad, it was in a situation going south. First, at SP when he evaluated me. Second, the day Jenna died. And today, when he showed up a couple of minutes after the detective left. I could tell he wasn't exactly fond of the idea of me and Ana living together, in this huge manor, by ourselves.

"That's not true. He does like you. He's just a little cautious that there's a guy out there who's stolen my heart." She reassured me, her hands resting on my chest as her body curled into my embrace

"It'll be fine. When you meet him, I'll introduce you as my boyfriend. What's he going to do? Tell me to break up with you?"

"You say that now with a smile on your face, and it's all fun until he tells you to break up with me." I replied, slanting my head slightly as I narrowed my eyes at her

She let out an exasperated sigh, one that was full of fatigue as she pulled away from my embrace. Both her hands were in my large ones, holding onto them tightly as she looked up at my tall figure.

"My dad does like you, Aiden." She informed, speaking quietly

"Now let's go before the chauffeur drives off without us."

She tugged at my hand, intertwining our fingers as we walked out the room, down the large stairs and out the front door where a black limo was waiting for us. The chauffeur immediately opened the door at our presence, Adriana hopping in from one side as I sat in the car through the other door.

The interior of the limo was fancy. The seats were made of white leather, the golden inbuilt starlights looking like little fireflies as a variety of beverages were displayed on the wooden shelves. I wasn't used to this kind of treatment, one which rich people indulged in.