Chapter 16 - Just friend

Dedicated to all the readers out there - I am so sorry that I haven't uploading for a while and wattpad decided that I can upload now, so yeah, here you go. Shoutout to the first person that read this chapter. Thank you and please read the authors note.

“ I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! “

-Dr. Seuss

Chapter 16

Jenna POV

“ Dear are you still there? “ The woman said walking to the kitchen with the big belly bulging out.

“ Yea, yea, I’m alright “ I said and shook my head to clear off the thoughts.

“ You don’t seem fine “ The woman raised her eyebrow.

“ It’s nothing, I promised “ I said with a reassuring smile. I looked down at the tea and saw that it had made a mess almost one counter. I huffed and cleaned up.

“ Here you go “ I said while handing the woman a jasmine tea and have one on my own.

“ Where are your parents dear? And your accent tells me that you’re not from here “ She asked me again and took a sip from her tea.

“ My parents died when I was 10 and yeah, I’m not from America, I’m from England “ I said while smiling a sad smile, remembering the past.

“ Oh, I’m very sorry to heart that. So you don’t have anybody anymore? “ She asked me while holding my hands.

“ I do have twins in New York, we’re separated when we’re 10 and I’m yet to find him. I don’t know any of my mom and dad’s sisters or brothers “ I explained to her while trying to hold back tears. Finally one tears slipped out and I quickly wiped it away.

“ Then what about you what is your name, Mrs? “ I asked her and she answered with a cherry smile – her smile is very contagious might I add.

“ Eh, it’s Diana “ She said to me and asked me “ Now what is your name? “

“ My name is Jenna. Jenna Elsworth“ I said with a smile and she looked shocked for a second.

“ Jenna… Elsworth?Elsworth is your surname? “ She asked me unsure of what to say.

“ Yes, it’s Elsworth, is there something wrong? “ I asked her but she just chuckled and shook her head.

“ No dear, everything’s fine “ She said but of course me being me I doubt that.

“ Okay then “ I said and took a sip of my now cold tea. There’s silent for a few moments – we both daydreaming about nonsense until I looked at the wall clock and saw that it was almost 09.00 P.M. and probably Diana need some rest because of the baby.

“ Come on Diana, I’ll show you to your bedroom for the time being “ I said and Wishbone came barking to the room. I patted the dog on  the head and smiled sheepishly to Diana.

“ I’m sorry about this, I hope you’re not scared of dogs “ I said and make a mental note to myself to cage Bone while Diana was around.

“ It’s okay, in fact I love dogs “ She said and wishbone came to sit near her leg, Diana patted wishbone’s head and whispered some good nonsense to the dog like ‘good boy’ or ‘there you go, boy’. I gave her sometime with Wishbone seeing that she really love dogs.

“ Bone come on go to your cage “ I said while whistling the dog and it followed me to sleep at his bed in the living room.

“ You can command the dog, how amazing! “ Diana said while looking at me and Bone.

“ Nah, it’s just a usual thing, I think “ I said while patting Bone to sleep. The dog’s eyes flutter closed and I tiptoed to Diana.

“ Come I show you your room “ I said to Diana and head upstairs. I think Diana will be staying at Ryan’s room that is pretty cleaned now – I took the time; Saturday and Sunday to cleaned the boys room.

When I entered the room with Diana it brings back memories when the boys still here.

“ This is your room “ I said and walking into the room with Diana, she seemed to notice my sad eyes looking through the room.

“ Is there someone who used to live in this room? “ She asked me while setting her suitcase down in the corner of the room.

“ Yea, it’s one of my friends actually, now he’s back in England “ I said while still admiring the room – the room hasn’t changed at all actually.

“ Ah I see, so it’s a he “ She said while giving me a meaningful smile.

“ Yea, he’s just a friend “ I chuckled and shook my head.

“ Alright then, I best go to sleep for the baby and you too my dear you have school tomorrow “ She said while I take a step out from the room.

“ Of course, if you need anything my room is at the end of the hall “ I said and closed the door. I walked down the hall and couldn’t help but think that I just became a friend with a stranger that I didn’t know before. But I guess strange things happened in life don’t you think?. I brushed my teeth and walked to my bed. I lay down and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before sleep consumes me.

Author's corner :

Thank you for waiting the story and what do you guys think?

If you like it please follow me and be my friends, thank you. Also leave some comment below to tell me what you guys think and what should I do to improve for the better, thanks again.

- Chelle