Chapter 8 - Christmas eve

“ I am who I am. I’m weird, I’m lame, I run into things, I spill food, I trip, I scream about random & stupid stuff. But I like it that way “

-Unknown

Chapter 8

Paul P.O.V

I have just been done decorating the Christmas tree with the guys – Kyle, Nate, and Todd. We had so much fun doing it and the sad news is tonight the guys are going back to England. I’m going to start my so called job tomorrow. It feels good living with these guys, now they have to go huh? Same old, same old.

“ Guys I’m going out for a while “ I said while grabbing my coat from the hanger near the front door. I hear a few chorus of ‘yea’, ‘sure’, and ‘go on’. I went outside while grabbing the gloves from the coat pocket and put it over my hands. I decided that I would go to Starbucks and then buy some Christmas gift for the guys and went back home. I walk down the street to the wonderful coffee shop and taking my usual order.

“ Java Chip one please uh the size tall “ I said while handing the money as the price seeing I’m already remember how much it is.

“ Oh okay sir, name? “ The cashier said looking startled that I memorize the price but take it nonetheless.

“ Paul “ I said and waited for a few minutes while checking the dollar in my pocket because I still have to buy the presents after this.

“ Paul one Java Chip “ someone said and I rushed to the pick up section.

“ Thanks “ I said and went out from the shop. I walk down the street to see people going to a store that sells Christmas gift. I went there to check out some gift but someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“ Sir do I know you? “ I asked – because he doesn’t talk but just tapped me on the shoulder.

“ Yes… “ The words linger in his lips – he was holding his stick that was made from a wood, not that strong to hold his body up.

“ Can I- “ I was cut off by the owner of the shop - that is full of people in front of me.

“ Go away John, don’t scare my costumers “ She said while shooing the poor man. Before the man went away he spare me a glance and then he’s nowhere to be seen.

“ I’m sorry about him, I’m Mrs. Stewart “ The owner said while holding out her hand. I smiled and shook her hand.

“ May I ask you who is that guy? “ I asked her and she ushered me inside. She looked hesitant at first but answering it nonetheless. I took a sip of my coffee that’s cold now.

“ He’s uh, he just went out from an asylum “ She said while fixing the decorations in her store.

“ Asylum? As in the mental issues hospital? “ I asked her and she nodded.

“ Is he somehow related to you or…? “ I asked her – well I know I’m nosey but hey I want to know that creep.

“ No he’s just the husband of my old friend - poor her “ She said whispering the last part.

“ Ah, I see “ I said and stopped asking after that.

“ Anyway you want to come to my shop right a while ago? What do you need? I’ll show it to you “ Mrs. Stewart said while giving me the billion-dollar smile.

“ Yes, I, uh. What do you think is great for Christmas gifts? “ I asked her.

“ How many person? “ She asked me.

“ Uh three, all boys “ I said while looking through the decorations. I took a sip again.

“ Um I think you should gave them this jar “ she said and handed three jars in my hands, it reads ‘The Jar Of Nothing’.

“ Why these? “ I said looking amused.

“ When you first stepped in this shop do you have anything in mind for the Christmas gifts? “ She asked me with a smile. When I think of that again, I have no idea what I should give the guys.

“ No I don’t “ I answer truthfully.

“ Well that means you got nothing in your mind right? “ She said and continue “ With these jar they can fill it for you, your pictures maybe or something meaningful for all of you – you can fill it with anything that comes in your mates or your minds “ She explained while fixing some things and turning back to me with a smile.

“ Yea, right “ I said while beaming a smile and hold the jars in my hands and brought it to the cashier.

“ Is this all sir? “ The cashier said while motioning to the three jars.

“ Yes “ I said, the cashier nodded and I holds out my wallet.

“ That would be- “ The cashier said but was being cut off by Mrs. Stewart “ No Nina, this gentleman get free of these jars. No price “ She said while smiling at me.

“ But it wouldn’t be- “ I said but was being cut off again “ Nonsense “ Mrs. Stewart said while handing me a bag of three jars.

“ Thank you so much Mrs. Stewart “ I said while taking the bag from her.

“ Of course, no problem dear “ She said while waving me a goodbye and I walked out from the store while waving my hand that is holding the empty coffee cup at the moment. I throw the coffee cup to the garbage and went back home. It’s not that far from here but it sure takes time.

“ I’m home “ I said while opening the door and closing it again. I dropped the bag and take off my gloves and coat to hang it to the hanger near the door.

“ What took you so long and what did you bought? “ Kyle said while taking a step closer to the bag.

“ Nu-uh, you guys gotta wait until tonight – this is your Christmas presents “ I said while rushing upstairs and bringing the bag with me. I wonder what the guys bought for me. Ah, yes, they’re leaving as soon as we all trade our gifts I thought and sigh. What’s the point in all of this? Jane, Jane what game are you trying to play? I thought while looking out from the window of the two-story house.

*A/N*

We meet again... Two chapters in a row baby, there you go! I usually post on weekends because I have school but I will try to keep things up this time. Dont forget to VoMeLi ( Vote, Comment, Like ) and follow me lol byeee...

Untill next time, xx, Chelle