☆ Part 7 ☆

Prolonged eye contact

The morning came.

"Bruno, help me with these, please"
"Where to?"
"The usual, the stall under the tree"
Bruno nodded and picked up a box.

The day went like usual. A line formed at the stall. After a while, she saw agustin next in line. He was a mess.
She looked at him with concern.

"Agustin, what happened?"
"There were bees, alot of bees"
He scratched the bee stings and julieta gave him some food.

He looked at his hand as it healed, still amazed by it.

"You're amazing as ever"
She blushed and looked away.
"Thank you"

"Julieta! Stop flirting with agustin, theres people in line"
She looked and saw pepa smirking.

"Ill stop when you stop crushing on f f fe-" julieta teased.
"Alright, alright. Jeez" She was cut off by pepa.

She shook her head and giggled, looking back at agustin who was now blushing.

"Agustin, people are waiting" she whispered and giggled again. Agustin made way and walked away, keeping distance so that he wont cause trouble.

Julieta kept looking at him, every once in a while to see if he was alright. He was sitting on a bench, waving and smiling whenever they met eyes. She responds with a smile.

A while later, she looked at agustin again. He was talking to a girl. She saw him blush for a few moments. She brushed it off and continued to heal the people in line.

'When is this line gonna end?' She said to herself. She looked back at agustin. The girl was now sitting beside him. She raised her eyebrows, surprised about the situation.

After the line faded, she started packing up. Agustin went to her and offered help.

"Julieta, let me help you with that" he said.
"Oh, thanks" she answered.

As he walked up to casita with a box of julieta's things, she looked back at the girl. She was still sitting on the bench.
They made eye contact. Julieta made a confused face and the girl made an annoyed face at her, then rolled her eyes.

She just stood there, she felt the uncomfortable tension between her and the girl. She blinked and turned around, walking back to casita and tried to process what just happened.

She arrived at the kitchen and saw agustin and bruno talking.

"Agustin, thanks for helping me"

"No problem"

They smiled at each other and went back to what they were doing.

After a while, she noticed agustin was left alone with her in the kitchen.

She decided not to bring up the girl, thinking she might be a friend of agustin.

They talked for a while and later he said that he has to go home.

"Julieta"
"Hm?"
"I have to go home now, mi mama might be looking for me"
She nodded and walked with him until they got to the door.

When she opened the door, she saw the girl again and made eye contact. She was waiting for someone.

'Was she waiting for him?' Julieta thought.

Agustin walked out and the girl went up to him. She just watched as she held his hand and walked with him.

She just stared at them, walking away holding hands. She felt her chest tightened and a lump forming on her throat.

"Wow, agustin cheated on you?"
She turned to see pepa, crossing her arms and with a cloud over her head.

"What?"
"It looks to me that agustin has another girlfriend" pepa said and pat julieta's back.

Julieta argued back.
"No, its just his friend" she hesitated for a bit.

"If you say so" pepa shrugged and pat her head before walking away.

'I hope she's just a friend' she thought to herself while fidgeting with her fingers.