☆ Part 17 ☆

Sofia began to avoid julieta and agustin. She basically shut herself from the world.

"Sofia! Open up" her mom talked from the other side of her door.
She waited for her to stop.
"You left me no choice, young lady"

She heard her door creak. Her mom put down the keys on a table and went straight to sofia and sat on her bed.
"What's gotten into you? You havent gotten out of this room of yours for the past days. Talk to me, sofia"

She let out a sigh.
"There's this guy"
"A guy?"
"You know what, ill handle this myself. Im fine, mama. Dont worry"

Sofia got up and got dressed.

'Im not letting my feelings get a hold of my everyday life' she said to herself.

"Im going out, mama"
"Be back before dinner, okay?"
"Mhm"
She went out and started walking around town.

...

"Sofia?"

"Sofia!"

She looked around and saw pepa running towards her.

"Where have you been? We havent seen you in days. Julieta's been worried about you"
"Really?"
"Yea. She even tried to go to your house before, but your mom said that you wouldnt get out of your room. What happened?"
"Yea... about that"

...

Pepa let out a gasp. "You like her?!"
She squealed and squeezed sofia's hands.

"Shush, pepa. Dont tell anyone about this, okay?"
"Yea, yea"

"Wait... but julieta's already dating agustin" pepa said and let go of sofia's hands.
"I know, i just needed to get it out of my chest. Ill get over her eventually"
"Okay..."

...

The sun was about to set and sofia needed to go home. She was walking down the street and saw julieta and agustin talking to each other.

"I dont want to see this" she said and looked for another route.

"Sofia!" She heard julieta. She turned around and saw her running towards her.

"Oh no"
She started running away from her.

"Sofia! Wait up!"
She ignored her and just kept running.

She hid in a narrow alley and hoped that she wouldnt see her.
Julieta looked around and couldnt see sofia anywhere.

"Are you avoiding me, sofia?" Julieta whispered to herself. She turned her head and saw sofia in the alley.

Sofia let out a gasp and looked around for an exit.
Julieta grabbed her wrist and didnt let go.

"Sofia. Why are you avoiding me?"
"What? Im not"
"Yes you are. Is it because im dating agustin? I know you like him, but i didnt know you would get this mad about it"
"What? No. I dont like agustin."

Julieta began to feel irritated.
"Then why are you avoiding me?"
"Its because i like you, okay?"

"W- what?"

Julieta let go of sofia's wrist.

"Why?"

Sofia's eyebrows furrowed in frustration.
"I cant explain it. I just like you. You're the most amazing person i have ever met. At first, i thought i was just jealous of you because of how cute you look with agustin, but i realized that i wasnt jealous of you. I was jealous of him. I dont know anymore, okay? I just really like you"

Julieta didnt know what to do. She was speechless. Her bestfriend just confessed her feelings for her.

"Sofia... i-"
"You dont have to say anything. Ill try to let go of my feelings for you. Im gonna go now"

With that, sofia left and julieta was left shook.

...

"Julieta, are you alright?" Pepa asked.

Julieta didnt really talk during dinner. She would just nod or shake her head or hum as a response when someone talked to her.

"Pepa, what would you do if your bestfriend said that they liked you but you're already dating someone?"

Pepa let out a small smirk.
"Sofia told you about her feelings?"
Julieta's eyes widened.
"You knew?"
"Yea... she kinda told me earlier"

Julieta groaned.
"What am i gonna do? I dont wanna ruin our friendship."
"You dont have to do anything"
"What?"
"She did say that she'll get over you eventually. Just continue to be friends with her. Im sure nothing will happen"
"If you say so"