☆ Part 14 ☆

After weeks of giving julieta letters, flowers and poems, agustin wanted to take a step forward.

"You want to ask her out on a date?" Sofia asked
"Yea but i dont know what to say to her"
"Just ask her"

Agustin groaned and started to think.

Sofia got bored and started looking around. She saw julieta walking to the market with a basket on her hand and a paper on the other.

"Well, there she is. Talk to her" she said  "Oh I can't sofia. What would I say?"
"Flatter her, girls like that stuff. Tell her you like her eyes, her lips, her hair the way she parts her hair. In fact tell her you love all her parts. Then ask her out"
"Oh no, i cant say that"

Sofia rolled her eyes and dragged agustin to sofia.

"Hey, julieta. Agustin wanted to ask you something" sofia said and pushed him next to julieta.
"Oh. Can it wait though? Pepa asked me to buy some stuff so she can bake a cake for felix"
"I- i can wait!" Agustin said.
Sofia gave off an awkward smile and said goodbye to them.

"Do your best!" She whisper shouted to agustin as she walked away.

...

The walk to the market was a little awkward. Even after weeks of exchanging letters, they still felt shy around each other.

Agustin helped julieta in picking ingridients for the cake. They split up and decided to meet at the center of town after they got what they needed.

"Psst... agustin" he heard someone whisper. He looked around but everyone around him was busy doing something else.

"Agustin!"

He jumped a little and took a step back. Unfortunately, he tripped on something and fell.

"God, did i scare you?"

He looked up and saw sofia. He made an unimpressed look.

"Sorry about that. So how'd it go with julieta?" She asked.
"I havent asked her yet" he said
"What? What's taking you so long? I left you and her for about half an hour"
"We're still buying ingredients for pepa's cake. Just go home, will you?"
"Fine, fine" she groaned and left him.

He let out a sigh and continued picking out ingridients.

"Agustin!" He heard julieta yell out his name.
He turned around and saw her running towards him.

"Are you hurt?" She asked
He blushed a little and looked at himself.
"No?"
"Here, eat this" she put an arepa on his mouth. Agustin felt confused.
"Im not hurt, julieta. Thanks for the concern"
"Good. Sofia told me you got hurt"

They continued their shopping and after that, they went back to casa madrigal.

....

"Julieta, you're back!" they saw pepa waiting in the kitchen. "Oh, agustin's here too" she said and greeted him.

"Lets get this cake started"

The process took longer than expected. Julieta insisted that she bake it herself, but pepa wanted to be the one to bake it.

"Ill handle everything, you two can do whatever you like" julieta said.
"Julietaaaaa, i wanted to bake it for felix. Can you just guide me or something?"

Julieta agreed and guided pepa in the process. After two hours or so, the cake was finished.

"Is it felix's birthday today?" Julieta asked. Pepa shook her head as she admired the cake she made.
"Its for our date tonight"

...

Pepa went out wearing one of her prettiest dresses. She let her hair down and put a clip that had a sun as a design on her hair.

They heard a knock on the door and pepa ran towards it to open it. She was expecting felix but was greeted by alma instead.

"Oh, pepa, where are you going?" She asked.
"Mama, i thought you were felix"
"Felix? Are you going on a date with felix?"
Pepa shyly nodded and slowly looked down on her shoes. Alma smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodluck on your date, mija. You look beautiful" alma said.
Pepa's eyes grew bright and she gave alma a tight hug.

"Hola" they heard someone say while they were hugging.

"Felix!" Pepa said and released alma from the hug.

Pepa ran to the kitchen and gave the cake to felix.

"Its not perfect of anything, but this is for you" she said.
Felix thanked her and smiled.
He gave her flowers and then greeted alma. Alma just smiled and shooed them to their date.

Alma turned around and saw julieta standing next to agustin.

"I guess my children are growing up now" she said.

Julieta and agustin just looked at each other and giggled.

"Where's bruno?" Alma asked

Their faces went blank, not knowing where bruno had been.

"Maybe he's out on a date?" Julieta jokingly said.

"Im right here"

They turned and saw bruno walking out the kitchen with snacks on his hands.

"Bruno, no snacks before dinner" alma said. "Come, help me prepare for dinner" They went back to the kitchen and started preparing everything.

...

Julieta and agustin went out the house, the cold breeze hitting their faces. Julieta looked up and noticed the moon was up.

"The moon is beautiful, isnt it?" Julieta said while gazing on the moon.

Agustin didnt have his eyes on the moon, he was staring at something else.
He kept looking at julieta.

"Yea. Beautiful."