20

Omniscient POV
———————

"Hey! Now pass back, you idiot." Jesse shouted across to Marcus, as he chased after him.

Marcus nutmegged him, and passed to Aaron, who then passed back to Marcus, making Jesse run after the two players.

"Come get it, Jess."

Jesse pushed Marcus, and got the ball back.

"Remember, no one can beat the Jlingz."

A tired Marcus slumped on the bench, next to Jadon.

"He's such a prick, init?" He said, making Jadon laugh.

"So you're leaving us, man?" He then asked.

Jadon nodded, "I promised Jude that I'd come visit. It's gonna be nice to see my old teammates."

Marcus shook his head in response, "Does Melissa know yet?"

"I'll see her after training and I'm gonna tell her then."

"Tell who what?" Jesse asked, approaching them.

"Is it your business?" Marcus replied.

"Nah, I just asked, relax." Jesse said.

"I gotta tell my baby that i'm leaving." Jadon replied, and Jesse nodded in agreement.

"Knowing Mel, she's gonna be proper sad."
Jesse said, gave his best friends a grin and returned to what he was doing, leaving Jadon with his thoughts.

•••

Melissa was at the shopping mall, picking out an outfit to wear for her best friend's birthday party.

She rummaged through every hanger in every store, unable to find anything that she liked.

From the corner of her eyes, she spotted a young man from behind her. And he was getting closer.

"Hey." The familiar voice greeted her.

She spun around slowly, and they made eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, almost shouted in anger.

"Relax Melissa," Lemar murmured.
"I visit Manny whenever I can, you were right, I shouldn't moved to LA."

"How did you know I was here?"

"I didn't know. We met by accident, and I just wanted to say hi." He explained.

Melissa moved away, "You shouldn't have.
I need to go."

He stood in front of her, blocking her way.
"No rush. I thought you'd chat a little. You didn't reply to my messages either."

"Huh?" Melissa furrowed her brows, trying to remind herself of any messages she might've received recently. When she finally put two and two together she realized that the anonymous texts were from him.

Lemar laughed, "How are you? How's your relationship going? Who would've thought you'd end up with your brother's boy? I wasn't expecting you to move on that quick."

"Are you fucking serious? Let me remind you, you was fucking bitches behind my back." Melissa replied, trying to get out of this unpleasant situation.