Comfort.

~~Denki's pov~~

"So.. do we just wait?" I fiddled with my fingers laying on the mossy floor of the beautiful forest.

"You're asking us?" Kei snapped at me, annoyed.

"Sorry, I guess... It's not really my fault! You guys know how I get when I'm nervous." I huffed.

"Let's not fight guys, we need to find a way out of here." Dejire stated and got up. She woke up not too long ago, about 6 minutes ago.

"She's right. We need to get up and find an exit. " I said as Nejire climbed up my back and pulled my hair.

"Gwo horsey! Gwooowowooo!!!" My baby sister squirmed and pinched my neck while yelling.

"Nejire Bethany Kaminari! Stop that this instant!" I pulled Nejire off with a bit of a struggle and put her bag on her back.

"NWO! NWO NWO NWO!!hhhh... STAWPP!!!!" Nae Nae started crying and making a fuss about carrying her bag. And I thought I would have another fit-free day...

She started crying and screaming and throwing her bag around at everything. She was so loud!

Amaiji put a binky in her mouth to shut her up but ...

something...

wasn't ...

right.

We suddenly heard bushes being shaken and shrilled screams that sounded not-from-this-worldly. They sounded deadly. Nothing else. They sounded as if we were being told to RUN.

"Fuck!" I picked up now once again  screaming Nejire who lost, took out her binky and threw it away and started running along with my already escaping siblings.

We were heading in a unknown direction of the mysterious autumn forest.  The pine forest smelled beautifully, of fresh rain and the sweet scent of the needles. To be honest it wasn't that scary if you didn't count the fact that it was a huge maze and there is a chance something is chasing us.

As we were running, another ugly stench started to spread through the air. It smelled of blood..

~~NARRATOR~~

It smelled of blood. That metallic smell that never left Denki's head, that stench that never left the children's noses. The stench that stayed and shall stay within them forever. The stench that they can only associate with the uneasy feeling of pain and numbness. The feeling that leaves you awake at night twitching and squirming, fighting with your racing mind.

~~Denki's pov~~

I started to look around trying to spot the place where the smell came from, there was nothing but a rotting wooden cross under a tree, nothing suprising to find in a area like this. I countinued on running with my siblings as the screams became more and more distant.

"Holy SHIT! What the fuck was that?" Kei panted and stopped running, we did the same.

Nejire was full on screaming and sobbing uncontrolably from the sudden scare.

"Shhh kid.. Shut up if you don't want them to eat you!" I covered her mouth with my free hand and tried to calm her down.

"This is insane..." Dejire said tears threatening to spill from her electric blue orbs.

"I know, you guys... Let's just-"

"Hello?" A loud voice boomed and echoed in the closed forest walls.

You've reached the end of published parts.

ā° Last updated: Apr 06 ā°

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!