𖥻 ࣪17 ᵎᵎ : sunflower seeds

You walked and walked with Camilo who was still holding your hand, pulling you as far away from the boy and his group as much as possible

You walked and walked with Camilo who was still holding your hand, pulling you as far away from the boy and his group as much as possible. You didn't know what to say, you're still astonished with the side of Camilo you've never seen before.

For one thing, you never seen him that mad at anyone, especially not the townspeople he's sworn to help and protect. His voice was cold and stiff. His aura completely shifted and you hoped that he never would have to act that way towards you.

You stopped your tracks and came to a halt which caused Camilo to stop and turn to you. Your hair was covering your face so there was no way for him to tell how you were feeling. "You..you okay y/n?" With no warning, you pulled him to an embrace.

He was a bit off guard with it, but hugged you back soon after it registered to him what you were doing. "Thank you for doing that Camilo." Your voice was quite muffled since your face was buried in his chest. "Hey hey.." softly stroked your hair.

"Don't thank me, you defended my entire family, it was only right that I did something for you..." He shot a quick look that seems like he hoped you didn't want you to hear the last part.

"Uh— not that you have to do something for me for me to do something kind for you, you know you can always come to me whenever without having to do- you don't have to.- ugh you know what I mean." He rolled his eyes at his own fumbling and clapped his forehead.

You started laughing as the boy was struggling to find the right words, "Yeah yeah I know what you mean, and thank you." You beamed at him. You had to fight the urge to pinch his reddened cheeks.

You've always tried to keep your guard up with everyone but with Camilo, you knew you didn't have to. You didn't feel judged or pressured to keep everything all to yourself. It was easy to be with him.

And it drove you crazy not knowing what you were to him, all you knew was you wanted to be more than friends.

"Look Camilo about what happened in the mountain I-"

swish

A horse rapidly galloped and passed you by, the wind that trailed off  caught your hair in the breeze while slightly pushing you forward. You squinted your eyes to see the 3 figures on the horse who at this point looked like small figurines from a play set.

You gasped in realization. "Wha-Is that Tío Bruno in the back?!" The man on the very back wore a very worn out—possibly torn and faded green cloak, and had the most tangled unwashed hair, which says a lot since you could barely make out their figures anymore.

A child furiously started ringing a bell and going from house to house roaring joyously in repetition. "Mirabel's back! Mirabel's back!"

You and Camilo exchanged looks and started running back to casita for the nth time together.

"Mirabel mi corazon!" The restless Julieta rejoiced as Mirabel unmounted the horse to receive a really tight embrace with her mom.

"We're so glad you're back!" Agustin delightfully said. He had bee stings all around his nose, hands and ear, which was unfortunate since there were no more leftover arepas he could eat to heal them. "We looked all around for you and there were bees everywhere...I'll be okay."