𖥻 ࣪20 ᵎᵎ : goodnight kiss

The rush of adrenaline that coursed through your veins faded away

The rush of adrenaline that coursed through your veins faded away. Mirabel quickly lowered down the dustpan and groaned.

"Tío Bruno? This is the third time this week! You don't have to eat with the lights off." She reminded the man with a spiky tone.

"Sorry hehe." Tío Bruno scratched his nape. "Force of habit you know? Since I lived in the walls for the past 10 years, I had to eat in the dark all the time and sneak back... in the walls." He awkwardly trailed off.

You felt sorry for the man, it must've been the
hardest 10 years for him. The habit of having to crawl along with the darkness and having to sneak his way through every crack and nook had become a part of his system. Like an extra muscle  fused into in his body.

"It's okay...just don't, sound like a robber next-time." Mirabel changed her tone into a sweet and reassuring one.

The man nodded in reply "Anyways!" Bruno clapped his hands together which made crumbs shoot out, "What are you girls doing here?"

"Ohh uhh," you broke your silence. "We're just here to get some water."

"Actually I'm not thirsty anymore after being frightened so ...see you y/n!" Mirabel pat you on the shoulder and gave a mini wave to Bruno before leaving you alone with your dad's former best friend.

"Soo, y/n, you're Reid's daughter huh? You look so much like him. You have his *eyecolor* eyes."
Bruno sparked up a conversation.

"Really?" You asked him. "Mhm, you have his bravery too, did you know he once jumped down the roof of the casita just to impress your mother?"

You almost let go of the pitcher you were holding from laughter. "No that can't be!" You chuckled in disbelief.

"No it's true! If it weren't for casita saving him, he would've broke a bone or two!" Bruno confirmed while finishing the last of the leftover empanadas.

"I miss him." His dark eyes looked at the floor.
You sighed, "Yup, I do too."

"I know it's very long overdue but I'm so sorry he cut you off because of my prophecy, it wasn't your fault." You fixed him a sincere look.

"There's nothing to be sorry for y/n, that was years ago and that isn't your fault either. If anything I should thank you and Mirabel for bringing me back into my family."

You nodded at him. "Okay I'm gonna head back to my room." Bruno patted his stomach. "See you around kid." 

"Oh and one more thing, I heard the kids talking once...and just in case it's true, prepare for Pepa."
He winked before disappearing into the night like a panther.