Morning Memories Cut Scene

To preface this one, this was originally a scene that was going to take place towards the middle/end of the book I'm currently writing, Morning Memories. I cut it out due to plot changes. Enjoy what really could have been!

,,Oh, Zachary. Sweet, innocent, stupid Zachary." The woman said, stepping out of the shadows and infront of the dying man. Zachary looked up at her through broken glasses, barely managing to lift his head. She bent down, using her index finger to tilt his head to look at her. ,,M-my lady? What, what do you mean? I thought....you and I...we..." Amzy chuckled. ,,What? You really thought I cared for you? Oh, Zachary. How naïve." She leaned forward, faces inches from eachother. ,,I never saw you as more than a puppet, free for me to use however I please."

Zachary's face contorted in a mix of emotions. Betrayal, sadness, fear, loss. You really could see that he felt for Amzy. ,,I almost feel bad for you. Then again, you were one of the only obedient ones. I have to give you that. And you lasted longer than I thought you would. Quite surprising. Considering you don't even have any powers. I really should have left you where I found you. Would certainly have avoided this whole mess" Not a word came from Zach. Too many emotions swirring in his brain. ,,To be completely honest, the only reason I even started making you do my dirtywork is because you were so insistant on doing something. Otherwise, you'd have just, lived your life like a normal person. Normal child, normal teenager, normal adult. But now look at you, dying on the ground. Pathetic."

,,And all you could do, was to bring me that bunny." She stood up, wiping the dust off her dress. A bunny? ,,Bex? Gideon? Who?" I asked. Both meant so much to me, for different reasons. She fumbled in her pocket, then threw something to me. I caught it, then looked. It was Gideons library badge. My hans trembled, eyes widened. I remembered that Gideon had been gone for the past few days. At first I shrugged it off, but now the pieces connected in my mind. I stared at it seemingly forever. ,,What...what did you to to him!" I screamed at her, she chuckled. ,,Ever heard of the saying that rabbit feet being luck?" I blacked out.