Chapter Three - Double Trouble

Chapter Three : Double Trouble

     I am completely ready for school. It's like a chore; you just have to get used to it. To the the people looking at you like an alien, to avoiding you like the plague.

   I could hear people say things like I killed someone in the dark alley or that I made a deal with the devil to posses my body.

    That was absurd. I get that I'm not the most approachable person and that I acquaint myself with black---but that doesn't qualify me as a witch, you know?

Then again, people will believe what they want to believe.

I grunt as I march my way downstairs and towards the front door. I grab the knob of the door, twist it and flung it open when I find Tom standing on the front porch, hands up in the air since he was probably going to open the door.

He sees me and flashes a darn giddy smile. "Good morning Avery---"

I slammed the door as loud as I could in front of his face. I clenched my fists and grit my teeth.

What the hell is he doing here?! Didn't I tell him that I don't like him?

I take a deep breath and opened the door. I stare at his alluring olive eyes and frown. "What do you want?"

"Well, I want to walk to school with you," he says casually, adjusting the straps of his bag.

I scrunch my face at him, seeing his stupid smile unfaze. "Didn't I just tell you that I don't like you?"

"I know," he nods.

I continued. "But why are you here?"

"I want to walk with you to school. Is that not enough of a reason?" he slightly tilts his head. "---and I want to get to know you better, Avery. You may hate me at this moment, but it won't be that way soon."

"No," I grunt. "--I told you we can't be seen at school. Totally no."

He doesn't say anything as he takes my hand to my displeasure. I grunt as I try to pry my hand away from his hold but he held it tighter while we started walking by the side walk.

"I could literally punch you right now, you know that?"

He looks down on me, considering our height differences, then smiles. "But you won't, won't you?"

I hiss. "You seriously piss me off."

I yank my hand from his, giving him a glare. "I can walk without holding your hand. I'm not some kid who can't cross the street."

"You should've told me earlier," he tells me in amusement, flinging the hand he held me to his side. "---but you didn't."

I narrow my eyes at him in disdain. "You picking a fight?"

"No I'm not," he glances at me innocently.

. . .

We arrived in front of the school's gate and I abruptly stopped, then glanced at him. "This is where we part ways," I mutter, side glancing to the students now entering and passing by without a care.