Chapter Five - Babysitting from Hell

Chapter Five :  Babysitting from Hell

"You know, my parents are wasting their money," Lance pipes up, his attention still glued onto his forty-inch television with Attack on Titan playing in the screen.

   If there's one thing I could say to describe him, I'd say he's some anime addicted freak. There's never a day where you won't see him engrossed on his animes. It's like some unhealthy obsesssion, but whatever.

I raised a brow, giving him a look as I wait for him to elaborate his words. He notices my gaze and mutters in a bland tone. "Why should she be paying you to babysit me? I mean, I might as well even babysit you, Avery."

   "You're a wreck everywhere," he adds, as if I didn't hear it.

I huff, crossing my arms as I rolled my eyes. "Very funny, kid. Can you just shut that tiny mouth of yours so you can at least be bearable?"

He smirked, which in turns makes me more infuriated with his presence. "Nice comeback, hot stuff."

I really want to throttle this little kid. He's so annoying and rude that I want to give him a taste of his medicine. If I was a boy too, then I might've tied him on the pole with his wedgie shown in public view. That would be enough to put him to silence.

    Then again, I don't want to be charged in prison or ruin my clean record just because some smart aleck kid thinned my patience.

  Instead of replying--which would lead to more outbursts, I calmed down and grabbed my phone, focusing my attention on my screen.

    My phone is quite outdated and way slower in comparison to the latest models nowadays. It's been four years since I've had this and if it still does its job, then what's the purpose of buying a new one anyway-- or maybe when the time comes where my patience runs off and I chuck this on the wall.

I was currently asked by Lance's mother to babysit him. I mean by any means, I shouldn't even have to babysit him; he's so annoying and way clever for his age that he'll manage himself, probably for the betterment of my mental state.

But I earn money just by enduring this brat and doing whatever I like while he does his own thing.

   I should be quite grateful actually that he wasn't those kids who would throw a tantrum and I'd have to chase around the house to put him to bed.  If only I was as smart as him when I was younger, then I probably would've been on top of the chain like a leader with its servants.

When I was at his age, all I knew was getting wounds from playing around and had a bubble gum stuck on my hair which made me cut my hair onto a bob and kids bullied me for looking like a guy.

"How's school?" he asked, after a long silence between us--which is quite odd and strange considering that it was so spontaneous of him.

I stole a glance at him, then sneered as I divert my attention back to my phone, pressing random buttons as if it would entertain me. Then I almost had a mini heart attack when I almost pressed the uninstall button to my favorite game.

I grumble, finally gaining my composure. "I'm fine, mom. I really get along with those people and I have a great time with them."

    "Sheesh Avery," he rolls his eyes. "--I'm trying to talk to you like a normal person and here you are, being snarky as usual."

He nudges me by the shoulder, a sour look plastered on his face. "I'm asking you here because I'm worried for you as a.....friend."

   Then he clears his throat quite hastily. "--I mean I'm worried about Tom. You guys are on the same class, right?"

    I shot up a brow, eyeing him with scrutiny. "Oh really? Gee, I really appreciate the concern."