Chapter Ten - This Is Not Jealousy, I repeat

   After the party, my mother picked us both and drove us back home. I yawned as I finally got out the car and Tom waved goodbye with a smile permanently plastered on his lips.

My mother followed me and then started interrogated me, asking me if we had kissed or are we dating. I could only snort at her and head up before she could catch me and her stupid shenanigans.

Kiss? Date? I can't even stand the guy and she expects me to like him in a span of two weeks? This is not some romance novel where I realize I just suddenly have feelings for him out of nowhere and gush about it like a stupid teen.

I eventually got tired and drifted to sleep without even removing the dress I wore.

. . .

"Good day right, Avery?" Tom smiles at me, like he always does and for some reasons he pisses me more than he ever did.

I sneer, clutching on the straps of my bag. "I hate mornings--especially when it's you I first see in the morning."

"Come on, Avery," he tries to hold me but I swerve, taking a step forward. "--you were nicer yesterday. I thought we had gotten past the I hate you stage."

I raised a brow. "You think? Ha! I'll never be kind to you, never in your dreams."

He pouts, then looks away. "I guess. But at least I've made some progress. You at least danced with me, and you smiled."

We were finally entering the school grounds as I hear people chatter while we pass by.

"Avery!" A voice booms and it was somewhat familiar.

I turn around and Tom does too, only to see Emily waving her hands at my direction enthusiastically.

I looked behind me to see if she's looking at someone else but Tom chuckles. "You're the only Avery here."

I scoff. "I'm not."

I only stare at her as she dashes her way through us and pulls me into a hug that totally ruined my personal space. I try to give her an awkward pat as I'm never used with such things.

"Unfair. I want to hug Avery too," Tom whines like a five year old.

I glare at him. "You're so childish."

Emily pulls out from the hug, grinning ear to ear as she beams at me early in the morning. "Morning Avery!"

I look at her weirdly--more like awkwardly as I pursue a tight smile. "Uh, yeah..Morning."

"You never say morning to me!" Tom pipes up like a petty child being brushed off the corner.

"Oh shut up!" I hiss at him and revert my attention to the blonde. She looks at Tom and smiles courterously with her alluring blue eyes and pearly white teeth that could reflect your face.

"I'm Emily Rosetta," she extends her hand and Tom takes it, smiling.

"Tom Beckett."

Tom glances at me, most likely for answers as I shrug. "She's the girl I met at the bathroom."

Tom acknowledges this and speaks to Emily. "I see you manage to be-friend Avery. I gotta warn you, she's sassy and blunt but she can be nice...sometimes."

"Don't go off explaining my character like you know me," I dart him a glare.

Emily chuckles, looking at both of us in amusement. "You two are so cute."

"Are you two dating?"

My eyes widened to the size of saucers and Tom just chuckles, snaking his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him, a grin apparent on his face. "Don't tell anyone. I'm not supposed to even tell you, but I'm actually dating Avery."