bitten.

//Later that day//

Andrea and Amy walk towards the group as we all rest around the fire.

"Dinner time!" They carry a huge line of fish with huge smiles.

"How'd you do that!?" I looked over all the wonderful fish, they caught big beautiful fish.

Morales walked over to them, "Andrea, Amy, thank you so much. My children would not eat if it wasn't for you two."

"Can you teach me!?" Carl asked.

I laughed and Lori agreed with him.

"Excuse me ladies but has anyone noticed what Jim is doing?" Dale interrupted.

We all look to see Jim at the top of the hill digging like crazy. He was flinging dirt and wouldn't slow down at all.

I tap my dads shoulder and point in Jims direction. He looks and lets out a slight sigh. He begins marching up the hill and we all follow.

"Jim what ya doing?" My dad approaches him.

Jim ignored him and continued to dig and dig into the earth.

"Jim! You're scaring the kids!" Lori yelled.

He kept digging and wouldn't flinch. Sweat poured down him and he still maintained the same swift speed.

"Jim dammit why don't you take a break? You look like your dyin'." My dad grabbed his arm.

"If I don't...then what?" Jim challenges him. "Then you're gonna beat my face in like Ed Peletier, aren't'cha." He swings his shovel at my dad, who jumped on him and tackled him.

Once he was calmed down, Jim began to cry over the death of his family. He yelled out to the group,

"The only reason I got away," we were terrified of him, "is 'cause the dead were too busy eating my family."

My dad carried him back towards the camp.

"Lacey grab me some rope!" He yells. I run towards the RV and grab it out of the compartment. I run towards my dad and he puts Jim at the base of the tree.

"I don't want to do this Jim but you're scarin the group." He reaches for the rope and tied Jim to the tree.

"Do you want some water?" My dad shows him a bottle.

Jim accepts it quickly and my father pours it over his head.

I go and sit down with Carl and Sophia. They were doing some schoolwork so I figured I'd help them. Lori and Carol walked over and started doing the kids schoolwork with them so I sat back and tried to relax.

My dad yells to Jim, "I'm going to keep you tied to the tree until I think you are no longer a danger to yourself or the others."

Jim apologized, "I'm sorry for scaring the children."

Lori forgave him on the fact of his sunstroke.

Dale walked over towards him, "why were you digging?"

"I had a reason, don't remember," Jim says. "Something I dreamt."

Jim looks to Carl, "you were in my dream. And so was your dad!" He shakes his head, "You were worried about him," Jim looks at Carl confused. "Can't remember the rest."

"Are you worried about your dad?" Jim questions.

Carl looked down, "He's not back yet."

"Jim I think you're a little tired." I butted in trying to silence him.