Enhancement vs Enhancement

Defying someone who could kill you with their bare hands and could tell you were lying with perfect precision wasn't Ivan's idea of fun. However, he'd have to defy either Lisa or Lana and only one of them paid him...

"Still no one answering?" he muttered as the call went to voice mail yet again as he walked to his car.

He'd waited for some time after Svetlana left him in the bar since he didn't want her to hear him, but it seemed like something was odd at the office. There were later shifts than his and they should still be going. Sure the superhuman woman who'd pulled him aside claimed to have fried a few blocks with a portable EMP device but the place wouldn't be taken out for good with that move. Clearly something was happening so he decided to drive over there and see for himself.

--

A dozen people sat huddled in the middle of the main office of Lisa Tech HQ surrounded by men looking sinister in their dark clothes and face-obscuring gas masks. The smoke was something unconventional, it hadn't knocked anyone out or burned like tear gas, instead hurting a lot less but leaving everyone scared and confused. Every now then there was a scream in the distance and once a man flew out of a window into a car.

"Well, that's what these people are for. Train your guns on them guys."

There were dismayed shouts as everyone tried to get away only to run into each other as a circle of guns turned on them.

"Lisa! Come out now and give yourself up or we'll kill all of your employees here! I would normally threaten your family or friends but it seems you don't have any," the leader threatened through a megaphone, his version of the uniform hanging off him.

There was silence for a while and the leader started to count down. He hit two on his way to zero when Lisa finally stepped out.

"You're all trespassing, and hostage taking... ho boy."

"I'm not worried about the law."

"Clearly not, but you might be worried about justifiable assault, defense of others..."

"These people are to some degree your responsibility, right? It would probably feel like a big personal failing to have some of them die with you right here. So I'd advise against you risking trying anything."

"Fine. What do you want with me?"

"You're coming with us, so..."

"Alright," Lisa said as she started walking towards the door, "which vehicle do I get into?"

"Not under your own power. Now kneel down and put your hands behind your back."

"Kneel? You really don't know me."

"Ugh, just cuff her," the skinny man in the oversized combat uniform said with annoyance and a wave.

Two men flanked her and pulled her arms back. Lisa held her arms still for a couple of seconds, watching them strain with the failed effort to move her before she relented and let them move her hands. There they put a set of handcuffs around her wrists and she chuckled openly.

"Sure, if it makes you feel better."

Whether by plan or in response the set of handcuffs was followed by two more and alternating with a set of three zip ties. They then leaned down and put a pair of shackles around her feet.

"Shouldn't you ask about what I'm into first? This seems really presumptuous on your part," Lisa grinned at everyone but no one else in the room wanted to make any jokes, "in all seriousness though, you got me, go ahead and let everyone else out."