Chapter 10

I observed as our trainer set the example for today's training. I hadn't seen much of Natalie lately, she was out with family most days. I was relieved she still came to training.

"Where have you been?" I said as I hugged her.

"I don't know." She said, shaking her head as she hung it low. I caught a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"I know about Liam." I whispered to her. She gasped as she brought her gaze to mine. 

"Natalie's got a boyfriend! Natalie's got a boyfriend!" I chanted like a child. It was my turn. I sleekly stepped up to the plate and executed the run perfectly. I saw the leader writing on his clipboard out of the corner of my eye. I itched to know what was on there, but I had to stay on his good side. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 week later

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yay! Yes! Woohoo!" I shouted, running out of HQ. I hopped in my car and waved to Harry and Erin as I drove off. I speedily made it to the boys' house and entered the code. I flung the door wide open to reveal.... silence. Total and complete silence. I made my way farther in, shutting the door behind me. 

"Hello?" I called softly, looking through the living room, the foyer, the dining room. The patio was empty and so was the kitchen. I grabbed a cookie off the table and went upstairs quietly.

I passed Liam's room, it was silent there too. Niall's room was next. I was headed there, but then I heard muffled shouts coming from Louis' room. I felt someone next to me, it was Harry who had just arrived as well. His brow was furrowed, a questioning look on his face as he made his way over, myself right behind him. He opened the door silently and peeked the top of his head around. 

"Stay here." He whispered as he stepped in. I pressed my ear to the door to listen.

"Boys, what's going on?" I heard Harry shout, the madness silencing.

"Zayn and Liam...." I pulled my ear from the door, not wanting to hear much more.

I tiptoed over to Niall's room. He was sat on the ground, guitar in his lap fiddling with something. His back was turned to me. 

I silently walked in as he started playing and sat a few feet behind him. I listened intently as he played a few different songs, trying them out for size. He pulled the guitar strap over his head and set it on the ground in front of him. He sighed then, leaning over and tugging his hair a little. Then I heard him laugh. A giggle, really. 

"I know you've been there." He said.

I sat frozen as he scooted back until he was next to me.

He put his arms around me and squeezed me in a way I had desperately missed. We sat there, just holding each other for awhile. 

"So you're feeling better then?" He said, one arm around still lingered around me.

"Yeah." I smiled as he squeezed me tighter.

"Sing for me." I requested quietly, wanting to hear his voice mix with the chords once again. 

He nodded and tugged my arm lightly, bringing me with him to sit by his guitar.

"Any requests?" He said.

"Anything." I shrugged.

The notes slid from his guitar, setting a melody that sounded much like Summer Love.

"Cant believe you're packing your bags, trying so hard not to cry. Had the best time and now its the worst time. But we have to say goodbye

Don't promise that you're gonna write

Don't promise that you'll call

Just promise that you won't forget we had it all

Cause you were mine for the Summer

Now we know its nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my Summer love

You always will be my Summer love"

My eyes glazed over with tears that threatened to spill. I blinked them back and looked at Niall. He watched my face, waiting for an emotion to break through. I stared at his eyes.

There was only one thing I could do. I grabbed the sides of his face and pressed my lips to his.  I felt his expression soften, he held me closer until the kiss slowed and we broke away. We looked at each other and I smiled at him as he waited for my reaction. 

"Let's eat." I suggested. 

He chuckled. I hopped on his back and he carried me downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~A/N~~~~~

sorry it's so short it's really just a filler so don't be mad. tbh i'm kind of running out of scenes to write about. So, if you would like to help me with that, drop some suggestions in the comment box! Also I decided that in my story, the boys aren't going on tour. That's just what's best for the story at this point. And again, sorry it's so short.

On another note, HAPPY GAME DAY! To those who live in America I'd like to know who you want to win the Super Bowl today. So leave me a few comments!

Lastly, I want to thank you for going and reading my friends' stories. I know they really appreciated it. I'll link one of them up on the side there if I can.

So, thank you very much for reading! See you tomorrow!

Chaney