Chapter 14

We went all over the city, going to various places and restaurants. The gang took me everywhere imaginable. We ended the day by watching a movie together.

"Have you seen this one?" Zayn asked, holding up a disk case.

"Yeah." I replied.

"This one?" Louis said.

I nodded my head. The boys continued to hold up movie cases, asking if I had seen them yet. I had basically seen every movie that came out after the 50s. Yeah, I even watched the old ones.

"So, what, you've seen every movie?" Liam sighed jokingly and walked over to sit down. I blush a little, it seemed embarrassing. I felt Niall's presence next to me, sitting down as he placed his arm around me. His little chuckle sounded throughout the room.

"Maybe we should do something different?" I said. They all nodded and started discussing what we could do instead of a movie. I turned to Niall and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Did you have a fun birthday?" He said leaning his head over as well.

"Yeah, I did." I flipped through the memories of today in my mind, smiling.

His arm squeezed me tighter, pulling me closer to his warm body. I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked at his eyes. I found myself leaning closer to him. His lips brushed against mine in a soft and quick kiss. A birthday kiss. I smiled and placed my head back on his shoulder as I drifted off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke in the middle of the night in my own bed. I peered around my room, sitting up. I threw the covers off my legs and wandered into the living room. The sight of the boys filled my vision. Louis wasn't there, so he was most likely with Erin. I sought out Niall's blonde hair in the darkness and crept over. I knelt down beside him, looking at his sleeping face. I shook him gently while whispering his name. He woke up soon enough and peered at me in the darkness.

"Merida?" He whispered.

"Yeah?" 

"What're you doing?"

"I was lonely."

Niall hesitated for a second before reaching out and grabbing my hand. He pressed his lips to it softly. I watched him toss his blankets away from his legs and stand up. He pulled me to where he was and placed his hand on my lower back, leading us to my room. I lay down and patted the sheets next to me. He scooted closer towards me and wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in warmth. And that was that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of birds chirping drifted through the cracked-open window. I opened my eyes slightly, taking in the surroundings and then shutting them again. My hands moved around, looking for Merida's body next to mine. I frowned when she wasn't there. I moved my legs over and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing my eyes. I heard voices in the kitchen so I made my way towards there. As I neared it, I paused to listen.

"And you had a good birthday?" Harry said.

"Yeah, yeah I did." Merida replied.

"Are you suuuuuure?" He teased. She just laughed at that. I walked in and sat next to her on one of the stools. 

"Hey." They both said. 

I grabbed a waiting cup of tea and sipped it. 

"So, what do you two want to do today?" Merida asked.