Chapter 18

"Yayyyy!" The boys' shouts floated through the freezing air as they opened the door and ushered us in. The warm air surrounded us entirely, making me too hot for my coat. I began to slide it off, but Niall appeared behind me and took it off. 

"Cheers." I said softly. He nodded and brought my coat over to the hanger. He came back and grabbed my hand and Larry's leash, leading me and the rest of our group into the living room. I released his hand for a matter of seconds to place my gifts under the tree. I set the bag off to the side and sat next to Niall on the couch. 

"Merry Christmas." I whispered into his ear. 

"Happy Anniversary." He whispered back. My thoughts floated back to last year, everything that had happened since we flew to England and met One Direction. All the memories that were permanently etched into my brain. And it had only been a year. Everyone settled into their places on the couch. Zayn and Liam stood and grabbed the gifts, beginning to hand them out. My first came and it was from Harry. It was the One Direction onesies. 

"That is just fantastic." I mumbled to myself sarcastically. I actually did like them. It just looked like the boys' hands were on your boob. Oh well. I continued on to open the presents from Zayn, Louis, Liam and Niall. The boys had gotten something for Larry as well. I set Larry's gifts next to him. I had gotten the onesies from Harry, some jewelry from Louis, drawings from Zayn that I would most definitely be framing, the first picture of Niall and I together, the one in the tree, framed from Liam, clothes from Erin, Agnes, Eleanor and Natalie, and a huge roll of parchment from Niall. I took the sticks at the end and began to unroll it. I gave one end to Niall and walked backwards, going halfway down the hall. I propped it against the wall and walked back to the beginning. The first edge showed a few of Niall's doodles. He had photocopied a few of my own doodles onto the parchment as well. I walked slowly down the line, observing what he had put on here. He had written a few song lyrics. 

"I don't like walking around this old and empty house..." 

"You always will be my summer love."

Things I love about you, He wrote.

Your hair 

Your eyes 

Your smile 

Your lips 

Your little freckles 

The way you flip your hair 

The fact that you're mine 

And everything else about you

He had drawn a few bunnies and a cartoon of One Direction and their girlfriends. They stood with Niall and I in the middle. Of course he wasn't the greatest artist, but I could understand where he was going with this. Tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill over. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me close to him. My back pressed to his front. A single tear slipped out of my eye, drifting down my cheek. I spun in his grip, facing him and resting my head on his chest. 

"Don't cry." His hand reached up and stroked my hair. 

"I'm j-just so happy." I whimpered. I looked up and smiled at him. He wiped away left over tears from my cheeks and kissed my forehead. 

"I love my gift." He said. I giggled softly. 

"I love mine too." I said, looking back at the endless roll of parchment. 

"Come on. I've got one more." He told me. I nodded and followed him through the living room. I stopped off to grab his gift and went with him to the back porch. It had warmed up slightly out here, but it was still freezing.