Epilogue

1 year later...

Somewhere in Canada,

Yoongi was sitting beside his hall window, having his morning tea as he read the newspaper. 

The Song family in South Korea mourns the loss of their daughter, organizing a charity event in honor of Song Yuri's death anniversary.

Reading the headline, Yoongi places his cup on the side, reading the entire article. It has been one year since Yuri died, one year since everything fell apart. Yoongi never thought he would be able to find his happiness, but here he is, enjoying his peaceful morning tea, in his studio apartment.

After everything happened, running away from South Korea seemed a perfect idea, being proficient in martial arts—due to his intensive bodyguard training and military background—he became a martial arts instructor in an academy near his place. 

"Yoongi, stop reading the morning paper, or you will get late for work" she reminds him. Checking the time on his wall clock, he folds the newspaper and gets off his chair. "Sorry baby, the headline was super interesting" he replies as he pecks her lips.

"Really?" 

"You should check that out for yourself" he chuckles as he hands her the paper. Shaking her head, she opens the newspaper, her eyes landing on the main headline.

The Song family in South Korea mourns the loss of their daughter, organizing a charity event in honor of Song Yuri's death anniversary.

Breathing deeply, she replies "it has been a year huh?" He smiles as he engulfs her in his arms, kissing her on her forehead, "yes, a year since Yuri passed away" he replies.

Rolling the newspaper in her hand, she pulls away from him and hits him hard on his arm. "Ouch! what was that for?" Yoongi exclaims. She gives him the look. 

"Well, she is dead right," Yoongi raises his arms in defense as Sumin continues to look at him, waiting for him to explain himself. 

"Okay," he exhales, "let me explain this to you, Yuri officially died a year ago because you changed your name to Sumin, officially, befor—" 

"Unofficially," she cuts him off. Yoongi blinks at her. "Unofficially, because no one knows I changed my name, except Park Hyungsik" Yuri smiles as she remembers the handsome gentleman she met a year ago.

"Thanks to him, we were able to run away from there, safely" Yoongi replies, kissing her temple.

"Yea, thanks to him..."

It was Park Hyungsik's goodwill that he helped Yuri run away from her parents. The day he met her, he knew that Yuri was not into this marriage and that her heart was somewhere else because when Hyungshik was trying to have a conversation with her, she was looking at Yoongi with pain in her eyes while he was sitting on the table across them. 

"You don't want to get married to me, do you?" he asked.

"What makes you say that?" she implored, trying to keep a straight face.

"Well, you are not paying attention to this meeting, or interested in knowing me at all, you continue to look at your bodyguard with those eyes, I mean I would be foolish to not notice that" he stated calmly.

Yuri looked at him, not only he was good-looking, but he seemed a good observer as well. He could understand her feelings when her parents couldn't.  

"Would you mind keeping this to yourself?" she requested, what was the point of denying her feelings when it was so obvious to Hyungsik where her heart lies.

"Why don't you say no to your parents then?" he calmly asked.

"You know my fate right? First, I am not allowed to say no, second, even if we do not end up together, they would get me married to someone else! what's the point of expressing it to them. In fact, I will be giving them more ammunition to do something to Yoongi if they find out the real reason—" she paused. 

"—I can't escape my fate..." she sighed.

"Well, if it is that difficult for you...then maybe I can help you," he suggested. Yuri looked at him in disbelief, while Yoongi became alert, trying to fathom what he meant.

"Do you really love him?" he asked seriously. She nodded in response.

"Do you wish to be with him?" he asked. Her eyes flicker towards Yoongi, smiling, "Yes," she bobbed her head.

"Do you really feel, you will not regret giving up everything for him?" he implored. 

She pondered for a while and then bobbed her head, "I would never regret giving up my life for him". Yoongi smiled.

"Okay...Will you be willing to cut contact with your parents?" he looked straight into her eyes, without hesitation Yuri replied "definitely".

"Okay...then it's settled. Say yes to the marriage—"

"What?" they both exclaimed at the same time.

"Relax!" 

"Look, you say yes to them, they will get busy preparing for the wedding, and we will use the situation to our advantage" he stated.

"How?" this time Yoongi asked, curious about what Hyungsik is trying to suggest.

"They will do the preparations, meanwhile you will start asking for money, claiming you need it for wedding shopping, and start storing it somewhere safe while I will prepare your paperwork for changing your names, get your passports and prepare a private jet for your escape" he explained while Yuri frowned.

"I know someone in Canada, he can fix you up for a few months but after that, you are on your own, use your collected money and new identity and enjoy your freedom..." he finished.

"That...sounds doable" Yoongi interjected.

Hyungsik smiled, "meanwhile, you," he turned to Yoongi, "give your one month notice and prepare to leave your job, we can't let them know that you are involved together in any capacity, I will handle the rest" Hyungsik assured.

"Thank you" they both smiled, holding Hyungsik's hand.

Two weeks later, during the early hours of the morning, Yuri collects her fake passport, cards, and all the related documents, a few pairs of clothes. Placing her goodbye letter on her pillow, she prepares for eloping. 

Closing the door of her bedroom, Yuri removes her slippers so she could walk without making any noise. She walks towards the main entrance—barefoot, opening the door slowly to avoid any creaking she finally places her left foot out the entrance. 

"Are you running away?" hearing Cora's voice, she stops in her tracks and turns around to see a teary-eyed, Cora, awaiting her response. Yuri scans her face for any sign of anger, seeing nothing she nods affirmative, Yuri watches the change in Cora's expression. 

Wiping her tears, Cora hugs her "I hope you get your happily ever after, you deserve it" she murmurs on her shoulder as she pulls away. 

"Goodbye"