chapter seven.

3rd person pov

  Anthony waddle his way back to the living room after taking his medicine. He always hated how awful it tasted, but then again who didn't. Anthony plopped himself down on the floor with his arms crossed over his chest. He was upset with Jasmine for making him take medicine, even though it would help him get better.

  "Why are you pouting champ?" Daveed asked.

  "Mommy make me take icky medicine even though I didn't need it." Anthony pouted further.

  "You need it to get better honey." Renee tried to explain.

  "I don't think I did." Anthony turned away from all of the adults.

  "Now bub, don't you start acting out." Lin warned, he didn't like punishing the little.

  "Don't have to listen to you." Anthony crossed a line.

  "Who is the caregiver here? Who helps Mommy take care of you?" Lin asked rising from his seat on the couch.

  "You." Anthony slowly uncrossed his arms.

   "And who makes the rules along with Mommy?" Lin asked crossing his own arms.

  "You." Anthony gulped slightly.

  "I'm gonna put you in timeout. It won't be long since you aren't feeling well, but next time don't expect it." Lin helped the little to his feet. Jasmine seemed nervous having Lin punish Anthony. She never had to do it before, Lin only had to once.

  "I'm sorry Daddy." Anthony pleaded as he was sat at the corner of the room.

  "It's too late for sorries right now bub." Lin pointed to the ground. Anthiny sat and faced the wall, crossing his legs as he had been told to in the rules.

  "5 minutes and I'll come get you." Lin said then walked back to his seat. Anthony wanted to cry, shout, throw things, but he knew it would make his punishment worse.

  "Are we gonna be performing tomorrow or are we gonna hold it off a day?" Daveed asked Lin.

  "I think it's best that we hold it off at least a day. I know a few people are stressed from the last show." Lin explained.

  "Yeah, but that was one of our best shows yet!" Renee cheered.

  "This time can we try to have more water? It seemed like we ran out quickly last time." Jasmine recalled.

  "Did we? I guess I didn't notice, but I'll make sure we have plenty this time around." Lin smiled. Anthony started to feel uncomfortable sitting on the floor, but he couldn't wiggle around because he would get scolded.

  "2 minutes left babe." Lin called out to Anthony. The little became a bit excited, he was tired of sitting on the floor.

  "Are we gonna change up the snack table a bit? Or are we gonna have the same thing?" Daveed asked.

  "I think we'll add a few things to the table, but not really change it. Everyone seemed to like what we had the last time." Lin noted.

  "I really loved the cookies." Renee basically drooled on the spot.

  "Thank you, Anthony helped make them." Jasmine smiled.

  "They were some of the best cookies I've ever had." Renee complemented the cookies.

"Thank you." Jasmine blushed ever so softly.

  "You can get up now Annie." Lin called out to the little. Anthony stood up, and made his way over to Lin.

  "Now what do we say baby?" Lin asked taking a hold of Anthony's hands.

  "I'm sorry Daddy." Anthony was looking at his feet.

  "And why is my baby boy sorry?" Lin asked.

  "For acting out and saying I didn't have to listen to Daddy." Anthony finally looked up to meet Lin's eyes.

  "It's okay hun, but don't let it happen again." Lin warned.

   "I won't Daddy." Anthony nodded.

   "Good, now let's sit and watch a movie!" Lin cheered.

  "But uh, what movie?" Daveed asked.

   "Lion King, duh." Renee said.

   "Uhm, no. It's Mulan." Jasmine corrected.

   "I think you mean Moana." Daveed argued. The three weren't really in an argument, they just wanted to hear Anthony's small giggles.

  "What do you want to watch babe?" Lin asked looking down at Anthony who was cuddled into his side.

  "Can we watch Encanto?" Anthony asked with a bright smile.

  "If that's what my little man wants to watch." Lin smiled back.

  "It is! It is!" Anthony cheered nodding his head frantically.

  "Then that's what we're watching!" Lin cheered with just as much enthusiasm.