chapter eight.

Anthony sat on couch as the credits of the movie played. All of the Lin and Jasmine were in the kitchen fixing drinks when the door bell rang. Daveed stood from the couch and went to open the door. Upon opening it, Daveed heard a small gasp from behind him.

  "Mario!" Anthony cheered shoving past Daveed to hug his brother.

  "Hey little man, how have you been?" Mario asked ruffling Anthony's hair.

  "Me okay. Mommy think me sick." Anthony made a face. Mario chuckled at his little brother's actions.

  "She just wants you to get better." Mario chuckled. Anthony pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

  "You gotta let him in champ." Daveed said trying to make the little move.

  "Fine." Anthony whined stepping aside to let his brother in. Mario stepped in side and kicked off his shoes. He carefully picked them up and placed them to the side.

  "What do you wanna do munchkin?" Mario asked.

  "Movie and cuddle!" Anthony cheered.

   "Let's go then!" Mario said with just as much enthusiasm. Anthony rushed over to the couch and jumped on to it.

  "What movie bunny?" Mario asked sitting beside his brother.

   "Can watch Cars?" Anthony fiddled with his fingers.

   "Which one?" Mario picked up the remote going to Disney+.

  "2 please." Anthony smiled up at his brother.

  "Alright little man." Mario ruffled Anthony's hair as he pressed play on the movie.

  "Yay!" Anthony cheered cuddling into Mario's side.

  "Hey baby, here's your drink." Jasmine handed Anthony his cup.

  "Oh Mario, I didn't know you were coming. Can I get you anything?" Jasmine asked.

  "A glass of water if you could, please?" Mario smiled at the woman.

  "I'll be right back." Jasmine rushed off to the kitchen.

  "What're watching bub?" Lin asked sitting on the other couch with Renee and Daveed.

  "Cars 2! It my favorite!" Anthony smiled.

  "Here you go." Jasmine handed Mario his cup.

  "Thank you." Mario took a quick sip.

~~~~~~~

   "What now little one?" Mario asked after Cars finished.

   "Show!" Anthony smiled up at his brother.

  "What show?" Mario started to flip through Disney+.

   "Can watch Scooby Doo?" Anthony asked.

  "Is Scooby Doo even on Disney+?" Mario asked Lin.

   "I think it's on Netflix." Daveed answered. Mario went to Netflix and picked Anthony's account.

  "Scooby Doo!" Anthony got excited once he saw the show.

   "I'm going, I'm going." Mario chuckled. As the show started to play, Anthony cuddled even closer to his brother. Jasmine giggled softly and took a quick picture of the two.

  "You sure are cuddly today, huh Annie?" Mario laughed softly.

  "Me miss you." Anthony said nuzzling his head gently into Mario's side.

  "I know bub, I missed you too." Mario wrapped his arms around Anthony.

  "What should we have for lunch?" Lin asked the room.

  "Sandwiches?" Daveed asked.

   "How about Subway then?" Jasmine asked.

  "Me like Subway!" Anthony smiled at Jasmine.

  "I know baby, that's why I suggested it." Jasmine lent over and kissed his cheek quickly.

  "Is everyone okay with that?" Jasmine asked.

  "Yeah, I'm fine with it." Daveed said causing the others to nod in agreement.

  "I'll order it, who wants to go pick it up?" Jasmine asked.

  "I can go." Lin smiled.

   "Okay, let's get this order going." Jasmine opened the Subway app.

  After ordering four foot longs and one six inch, Jasmine paid on the app. Lin stood to put on his shoes. He grabbed his keys and walked over towards Anthony. He lent down and kissed Anthony's forehead.

  "You be good while I'm gone." Lin warned teasingly.

  "Me will." Anthony smiled.

   "Good, Mommy will tell me if you aren't." Lin started to walk towards the door.

  "Me always good Daddy!" Anthony called after him. Lin chuckled as he closed the door behind himself.

  "Did Mommy make sure it was steak n cheese?" Anthony asked.

   "Yes honey, and I got the right bread." Jasmine smiled.

   "Did Mommy make sure no tomatoes?" Anthony asked.

  "Yes sweetheart. Mommy knows no tomatoes, to get it heated, and with lettuce and mayonnaise on top." Jasmine listed off.

  "Tank ou Mommy." Anthony let go of his brother to hug his caregiver.

  "You're welcome sweetie." Jasmine kissed the top of his head.

  "Can't wait for Daddy get home!" Anthony cheered.

  "Why's that little man?" Mario asked.

  "Me get Subway!" Anthoby said smiling widely causing everyone to laugh.