Chapter 8 - Back To Business Pt II

TW// Mentions of weight loss
—————
"Jade..." I watch her smile start to droop as she notices the blank stare I'm giving her.

I can't keep up the act and soon both of our faces are full of light. I jump up out of my chair, ignoring Azza's annoyed huff, and pull her into a tight hug.

"Don't do that." She pinches my sides in a playfully scolding way. Her voice soon turns serious and drops so only I can hear. "I thought you were annoyed at me. You've been ignoring us and blanked me dm on instagram the other day."

"Sorry," I mumble into her ear. I want to leave it at that but by the way her grip tightens slightly, I know that she won't take it. "I got carried away online shopping and left my phone on the side." I half-lie, but it's very predictable of me so I know she won't question it.

"That's alright baba, just try not to forget next time because you made us worried sick." She partially jokes. She knows she can't be mad at me about it though. It's not my fault I have ADHD. "I've missed you though."

"Me too bubba, me too." I squeeze her tighter as she lays a kiss to the side of my head, making it tingle.

"I'm guessing this is one of the new outfits you bought." She teased looking me up and down. "You look so gorg hun."

"Thanks Jade." My face heats up at her compliment. I quickly turn playful to try and conceal it. "Cost about an arm and a leg though."

"Wouldn't expect anything different from ya Pez." Just then the door swings open revealing Sam, our manager, looking very irate.

"Really guys?" She surveys the room, her anger increasing.

"What?" I ask innocently and pull back away from where Jade and I were still kind of tangled together.

"'What?'" She quotes me in disbelief. "I don't know if any of you are aware, but there's this huge pandemic happening right now? We've been off for months, unsure of what is happening, and when we finally get to return, none of you seem to be taking it seriously." She throws her arms up angrily. "I've just been out there shouting at the rest of them and I really didn't want to do it again. You've really let me down, I thought you'd all be a bit more smarter than this."

"What is happening right now?" I whisper as I side-eye Jade. She seems to be looking as equally lost as me.

"No clue hun."

"The only reason we are able to be here is if we stick to the regulations!" Oh. I see now. "So imagine my suprise when I walk in and see no social distancing measures being applied and masks half on, if that." She glances to where Jade and I are still huddled together, giving us a warning look. We follow her rules and I look around seeing everyone else either distancing themselves or fixing their masks. "Sort. It. Out." She exits the same way she came in, this time making sure to slam the door extra hard.

"I'm sorry, I'm not having that." Jade throws her arms up angrily, much like Sam moments ago. "I've not seen yous in forever and she expects wor to not want to give eachother a fucking hug? She's actually full of shit."

"Babe I know it's difficult, but you've got to see it from her point of view." Jesy comes over toward us, but keeps a small distance. "Management are having a nightmare over everything right now. It's all got to run as smoothly as possible or the whole thing could get shut down. We'll all end up with hefty fines otherwise."

"To be honest girls it's more aimed at us lot then you." Jamie and Zack pipe up from by the clothing racks in the corner. "Because you're the stars, you're all exempt from a lot of things."

"Yeah you don't have to worry about sanitising all of your shit and attempting to socially distance. None of you need to wear masks either." Aaron picks up his see-through visor from the table. "I'm supposed to be wearing this when I do your hair."