xv

"You promised me a date that day remember?"

Days had been spent working on the house. The citizens had all joined to help in rebuilding the Encanto. Everyday was spent working on the house and with each passing day, the process fastened and increased. Smiles on everyone'a faces despite the hardwork and exhaustion their shared together in unity.

Finally, the house had been rebuilt and although everyone were happy about it, Elena's father was the happiest for it meant that Camilo would no longer stay at his house. He trusted the boy and secretly approved of him which they all knew of but how could a father trust his only daughter to be in the same bedroom with a boy? Even if all they did do was cuddle in the day and sleep in totally separate beds at night. 

A door knob was made specially for Mirabel and once she put in the final touch of the house, the magic had returned. Not a door of individual but the front door had the carvings of all the family members of the Madrigal family, Mirabel included. They no longer had to use their powers in stress and Luisa had learnt to relax while Pepa no longer produced storms every second. Bruno was welcomed back into the family with open arms and Isabela's powers had altered to not symmetrical but still equally beautiful flowers. Also, Dolores had gotten herself a boyfriend in Mariano, the man she secretly been crushing on for a rather long time.

Elena giggled as Camilo led her into the hills, their hands held tightly and their fingers interlocked. "Where are we going, Bebé?" She asked.

Camilo gave her a cheeky smirk in response. "It's a surprise, mi princesa." He teased and turned away knowing that he would spill it if he saw her adorable pout.

After a few more minutes of ascension the hill, they finally stopped, Camilo moving aside and allowing Elena to gasp at the sight of a perfectly laid mat full of all her favorite snacks and dishes. A tiny television box was placed beside it along with a tiny tent. Elena giggled and took a seat on the mat, Camilo following her actions.

"Bebé! This is great!" She laughed breathily, "What's the occasion?"

He shrugged. "You promised me a date that day remember? And besides, I wanted to have a little celebration of my family's house rebuilt. Also, I wanted to thank you." She tilted her head at the last sentence, "You worked so hard and even put yourself in danger to save my family and..... I just... dunno..."

Elena giggled finding it hilarious and cute at the same time how he embarrassedly scratched his neck and looked away with a shrug. She placed her hand on top of his.

"Thank you, Bebé. I love it and it was my duty to help my not only boyfriend's family but a family I am close with, as much as I could."

Camilo chuckled at her selfless attitude and put an arm around her waist, bringing her closer. Their faces flushed and she sharply inhaled in shock, their eyes crinkling and their mouth hurting at how bright they were smiling.

They subconsciously leaned in closer, their foreheads pressing then their nose and finally, after a hesitant pause, their lips touched. Camilo grinned into kiss, both his arms wrapping around her waist while her arms draped around his neck. The kiss was sweet and gentle, their lips softly moving in sync. Their lips were perfect puzzles of a piece and they felt lightheaded from the joy of being with each other.

*CLICK* *CLICK*

The sound of a camera caused them to pull apart in confusion and look around. Elena squealed in fright while Camilo shapeshifted to several other people when their entire family suddenly bounced out of the bushes with sheepish grins.

"Sorry." Luisa chuckled.
"Go on." Isabela awkward said.
"Continue." Mirabel added.
"Can I see now?" Antonio groaned.

Félix and Julieta removed their hands from the youngest member of the family's eyes while Pepa and Agustín awed at the photo they took of the two teenagers lovingly kissing. Abuela only snorted.

"Ahh!" Elena heated up in embarrassment and nuzzled her face into her boyfriend's shoulders, Camilo patting her head and glaring playfully at his family.

"What's wrong with you guys?"

"I had a vision about the date and Antonio caught me mumbling about it...." Bruno snorted.

"Just wanted to see how my annoying little brother acted towards his girlfriend." Dolores shrugged with a hoot afterwards.

"Get out!" Camilo shooed his cheering family down the hill which they gladly listened to now that they had gotten a picture. Elena's face continued to burn red.

"How long do you think they were hiding?"

"Long enough to hear your sappy speech!" Luisa's yell echoed, most probably told by Dolores.

Camilo and Elena groaned, the former slapping a hand to his forehead with a roll of his eyes. The two sat still for a few seconds in awkward silence before looking at each other and bursting out into an uncontrollable laughter. They lied down beside one another, holding hands as they continued to giggle at the family's antics.

"This is what you've gotten yourself into, mi princesa." Camilo joked.

"Oh trust me, Bebé, I know." Elena retorted with another giggle.

They continued to lie down in silence, occasionally pointing out what the clouds above in the clear blue sky looked like. The rest of the date was spent eating the delicious foods, cuddling and watching the television, receiving and giving pecks and kisses and most of all, laughing and enjoying each other's company and presence.

The troubles of life had not yet ended definitely and they still had lots of more years following to figure out themselves. But they both knew it deep down in their hearts. That even if they had not dated for too long yet and were still in the beginning processes of their relationship, all they needed were their family and each other by their side. Along with the endless joy and uncontrollable butterflies that bursted in their stomachs when they were around one another.

 Along with the endless joy and uncontrollable butterflies that bursted in their stomachs when they were around one another

A/N—After hours of hardwork on how I should end the chapter, this is what I decided on. Dunno if it's good or bad but hopefully y'all enjoyed it. Also I was gonna make them profess their love or something but I remembered that they're still just 15 year olds who have just had their first kiss not long back and that's why, I don't want to rush it. Anyways, thanks for reading <3