Prolouge

It was a foggy morning.

In a large field, sprawling as far as the eye could see, sat two teenage boys, one wearing a pink flower in his hair, and the other wore a deadpan expression.

The two boys laid next to eachother amongst the flowers, the boy with the flower smiling slighty towards the monotonous boy as they faced eachother in the soft, cushioned flower field, such a romantic location... well, thats what the boys thought

They both stared into eachothers eyes, until The Flower Boy began to lean in, like countless times before, and the monotonous boy preemptively shut his eyes gently.

"Sunny."

"Stop struggling.

SUNNY."

SUNNY suddenly opened his eyes, he was in a room, only illuminated by the tinge of brooding moonlight entering through BASIL's window... as the two boys brutally fought.

Sunny was too weak.

"I'm... I'm so tired..."

Basil was armed whilst sunny wasn't. Sunny could barely fight back, he threw punches but he knew that that didn't hurt Basil as much as Basil's garden shears hurt him. The searing pain from the cuts and stabs radiating through the entirety of Sunny's weak body.

"Please... Stop it..."

Cut after cut after stab after cut hit Sunnys limbs, torso, and face as Basil brutalized him, but Sunny persisted, punching him again and again with as much force as he could muster.

"Why!? Why won't you stop!?"

The cold steel of Basil's shears stabbed deep into Sunny's right eye, Leaving as quickly as it came, causing Sunny the scream as loud as he could as he clutched the hole where his eye once was and-

Sunny jolted forth, out of bed, a cold sweat running down the back of his neck and his eye wide as the almost 18 year old boy tried to catch his breath. He looked over to the digital clock on his nightstand, next to a glass of water with an eye in it.

3:44 AM

He slowly caught his breath, deep breaths allowing him to steady his heart... wow, same dream, third time this week, like the memory just kept replaying over and over, preventing him from having a good dream for once.

With a slow sigh, the boy slowly got up from bed, slowly picking out his glass eye from his glass of water before sliding it into his empty eye socket.

his real eye was taken by his best friend.

Basil.

Sunny opened his door, exiting straight into the living area of the apartment him and his mom lived in and had been living in for 2 years. The apartment was pretty small, having two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living area, and a kitchen all crammed into a small area. It was okay though, it was only Sunny and his mom living there anyway, and Sunny had all the space he needed in his room.

The Boy closed his bedroom door behind him, quietly walking to the kitchen to grab a drink or something. The floor creaked under Sunny's feet with each step he took, they weren't very loud, but they felt loud in the complete silence of a starry night like this one as Sunny made his way over to the fridge, he felt a bit hungry.

The kitchen fridge was uncharacteristically empty, with only a carton of milk and a few random food items scattered around, which was weird because Sunny didn't eat all that much and his mom usually didn't cook much in the summer either. His stomach growled, but he decided to ignore it, "it doesn't matter." he thought, he just got a glass of water instead, grabbing the cup from one of the cupboards and filing it with tap water. Better then nothing.