Remember, Part 2

"Sunny? Sunny."

A light tap on the boy's shoulder caused his eyes to slowly pry themselves open from his restless dreams, his cheeks pressed against the car window, his body slouched, his headphones having fallen awkwardly onto his shoulder. His eyes moved before his head did, looking over to his mother, a nervous smile on her face.

"We're here, Sunny. Sorry for waking you like that, haha..."

Sunny looked out the window, and a wave of nostalgia hit him. They were there, Faraway. His mother's van was parked infrom of the bus stop, which was in front of the park. He stared out the window for a moment, taking in the sight of the place most of his childhood was spent. He couldn't tear his eyes off of it. It had only been 2 years technically, but the last time he was... here, he was checked out, his mind not all there, it felt like 6 years since he'd actually seen this place. He turns back to his mother.

"Well, I have things to do, so I'll see you in a week. You wanted me to pick you up on the 26th, right? Sunday?"

The boy nodded.

"Alright, please be safe, Sunny. Have fun."

His mother reached over the car's console to hug her son, kissing his cheek as he hugged back slowly, a small sigh sounding from him.

"Happy birthday, Son. Don't hesitate to call me if anything's wrong."

After a few minutes, Sunny was out of the car, retrieving his backpack and suitcase from the trunk before waving his mother off, watching her drive away as he stood by the curb, bags in hand. He slinged his backpack over his shoulders, stretching his arms slightly as he turned from the street, walking up to the fence as he peered into the park, like peering into a slice of his childhood. It was almost exactly as he remembered, all the equipment the exact same as it was when he was 12, slightly degraded, but of course some of it was, it had been 6 years, the paint slowly washing off that big cat statue was bound to happen.

The park has a few people in it today, two men off to the right seemingly selling fruits and fruit juice, they looked like brothers. Near them was a young boy and an old woman set up at a stand, collecting garbage, the old woman sitting in a wheelchair. A few otheres were at the park, none that Sunny took particular not of, what Sunny did notice though, was two bikes, left on the ground near the back of the park. The boy decided not to visit the park just yet.

After taking a long look into faraway park, the boy turned, walking down the sidwalk with his suitcase dragging along by the wheels. It was 12:36PM, still early in the day, so Sunny decided to take a bit to explore, to walk around the town he had spent so much of his life in, though he wouldn't take too long. He wanted to see his best friend after all, Basil was almost the sole reason he was there, thinking about how close he was to seeing the boy he missed so dearly made his heart skip a beat. Plus, a light fog coated the town, and dark clouds lined the sky. He didn't wanna stay outdoors for too long.

His sneakers dragged against the concrete as he walked in the direction of faraway plaza, the old suitcase's wheels squeeking as they rolled. The walk to the plaza from the park was quicker than he remembered, and a minute he was already there, standing in the middle of the sidewalk, staring at the plaza. It was like he had pulled a scene straight from his memory. Cars sat in the parking lot, and bikes were left unlocked by the fountain. He walked forward into the parking lot before walking to the entrance of Hobbeez, staring up at the blinking sign for a moment before walking in, the door dinging.

As Sunny walked in, a familiar smell rushed his nostrils, making him feel warm and fuzzy, making his remeber things he couldn't moments ago. He looked around, his eyes scanning the shop, comics, and games lining the shelves. He stepped forward, letting the door close behind him, before his eyes narowed foreward, to the man sitting behind the front desk, who looked like he was squinting at Sunny, almost stunned. The boy walked forward.