Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I hurriedly walk on the side of the streets. I wait for the traffic light to turn red. I put my hands inside the pockets of my winter coat because it's getting quite cold. I let out a breath and saw white smoke coming out of my mouth.

It's been a busy day in Paris, France. Marami akong nakakasabayan na mga bagong mukha habang ako'y tumatawid. Maybe they're going to work, or visit a family or friend, or explore the magnificent scenery of France.

 "Bonjour, Mademoiselle," bati ng isang guard nang tumapak ako sa restaurant.

"Bonjour, Monsieur!" I greeted him with a warm smile.

It's also a busy day inside the restaurant. As you step your foot inside the restaurant, you will be welcomed by big, gold chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. A mixture of wine red, mahogany, and gold for the overall palette of the restaurant. Round tables covered with white cloth and five round, dark purple, cushioned chairs with golden frame for each.

There is also a live band playing on the side so the customers can enjoy the food while listening to the mellow music.

This my restaurant. My Nanay's dream. I still couldn't believe that I fulfilled my promise to her. I'm happy but I would be happier if she's here with me.

I couldn't thank enough for my Tita Nancy and Nick in helping me achieve all of these. I was devastated because of what happened six years ago. I was traumatized. It left a big scar on me that took long to heal. 

I'm still healing, though. Tita Nancy introduced me to her friend, a therapist. I accepted her offer and went to her sessions. But I still couldn't open to her. My therapist understands my situation and she said that she won't force me to open up and wait till I'm ready to talk.

Baby steps. That's what I'm doing. After slowly coping up, Tita Nancy enrolled me to a university close to our apartment. I don't have friends there except for Nick. I'm still lucky that Nick was there the whole time. Even though he got an attitude, I know he's soft inside.

Nick continued med school there. I also continued Accountancy and graduated with high honors. After graduating, I reviewed for the CPA Board Exams and become one of the topnotchers of my batch.

I worked at an accounting firm in Paris and earned some money. Nakakahiya naman kung hihingi pa ako kina Tita Nancy. I told her that I'm already an adult and I can help with the expenses in our apartment. But she said that she insisted in helping her nephews and nieces.

She really likes spoiling us. She owns many business companies here in France and other parts of the world, so technically, they are as rich as a diamond.

I took Culinary Arts for three years. I know how to cook but I want to improve it more. I used my own money in paying my tuition fee, as well as the land and building that I bought for the restaurant. Nick helped me on that one.

Thankfully, my hardwork paid off. I now owned one of the most well-known restaurant in Paris and got ourselves a bigger apartment to live in. I could say I am ninety percent happy because it feels like something is missing... Or someone.

The restaurant was filled with so many customers. We serve the finest cuisine here with the most affordable, high-class food to ensure the satisfaction and loyalty coming from our dear customers.

As I was heading to my office, the staff greeted me good morning. I politely nodded at them. 

I put my coat on a rack in my office, leaving me with a maroon long-sleeved turtle neck tucked in my denim jeans. I placed my bag on my table and sat on my swivel chair. I looked at the folders and papers perfectly arranged on my table.