Epilogue

Finally! The long wait is over. Here is the epilogue of the first installment. Thank you for loving Nyla and Gabriel. I love you, all! <3

***

Epilogue

Happiness.

That is what everybody pictures me. That I am that word personified.

But I'm not.

Maybe... they think that I have it all. That I am living the dream. Well, yes. I got the house, car, company to manage, and of course, the money.

The truth is I don't care what I have. I am not a material type of person. They say happiness is achieved when you're contented. But why do I feel like I am not? Like something is missing. Like there is something I wanted to hold and feel.

Love... Familial love. I think that's what's missing. They say that it is different from any kind of relationship. Members of the family care, respect, and be loyal to one another.

But how come mine wasn't?

My Mom and I are at the dining table, waiting for Dad to come. I tightly gripped the utensils when I heard myself calling him that in my mind. I hate it. I fucking hate it.

That bastard. Nawalan tuloy ako ng gana kumain kakaisip sa kaniya.

As much as how I hate my father, the feeling is quite the opposite for my Mom. She really loves my father to the point that she gets blinded by his actions. Heck, I don't even know if Mom knows what my sickening father is doing behind her back, or... even if she knew, she just keeps quiet about it.

Gary's, my father, cheating issues started when I was in high school. I was at home studying and Mom was on a business trip while my father was left to manage our company. I stretched my arms to relax from the tiredness. Napagdesisyunan kong bumaba para kumuha ng snacks sa kitchen.

As I went downstairs, I heard a barge at the door. Iniluwa no'n ang aking ama at isang babae. She was wearing a corporate attire and my father's arm was on her shoulder. The woman was giggling as my father keep whispering in her ear.

Hindi nila ako napansin kaya dumiretso na sila sa taas. As a high schooler, I tend to be curious and ask about a lot of things. So, I hurriedly grabbed all the snacks that I could find and went upstairs.

I was about to ask my father why are they in his room. The door wasn't closed, though. Sa siwang nito ay nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa nakita. Dad was on top of the woman, wearing only her skirt now. They were kissing! Sa kaba na baka makita nila ako ay tumakbo na ako sa aking kuwarto hindi kalayuan sa kuwarto ng aking ama.

I am not innocent about those things but what the hell is my Dad doing? He's married to Mom! Did he find someone who could easily replace her? But my Mom is the best. She's everything that you could hope for.

Didn't he love her anymore? Or did he even love my mother throughout their married years?

Mas lalong dumiin ang hawak ko sa kubyertos nang dumating ang aking ama. Mom went to him to give him a kiss on the cheek. I, on the other hand, didn't even bother to look at him... at all.

"Tired from work, hon?" Mom asked sweetly.

"Hmm... I have to deal with an investor tomorrow and hold a meeting with the boards for an upcoming proposal. I'll be home late, hon. Huwag niyo na akong hintayin bukas." 

I doubt that. Who knows if he's really going to do all of that tomorrow? Probably going to fuck his secretary in his office until they get exhausted and satisfied.