❥𝟮↬𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝘆

You stared at your sleeping husband with teary eyes, a very faint smile painted on your lips. Outside, the morning was still damp and cold, given the storm from the night before, and the sky was now an unusual shade of purple - but since the strange anomalies had commenced, such sights weren't new anymore.

The sky was now constantly taking on different hues, unusual ones - and as alarming as it sometimes was, it never ceased to be a beautiful sight.

However, no beautiful sight could have eased the emotional turmoil you were presently consumed by. It was a little before seven, and you'd already packed most of your belongings, having already loaded them into the car as well. You were already dressed to leave, and there was a neatly written note placed on the bedside table - written by you for Brian to read when he awoke.

It was wrong to have left when your husband was unaware, and as much as it hurt you, you needed to do it. You knew that Brian was only going to convince you to stay if you waited until he'd woken up, and since you were certain you would give in, you didn't want to take the risk.

There was no way Brian was going to stop loving you, irrespective of what had happened, and he wanted you to stay, even if there was unimaginable tension between the pair of you - but that wasn't right.

After thinking it over, you realized that you needed to give him his space, and you needed time to think as well. Something in your marriage needed fixing, otherwise neither of you would have changed the way you did - you just needed to figure out what that something was.

But in order to do that, you both needed personal space to re-evaluate yourselves.

More importantly, you wanted to figure out what had gone wrong with you, because you couldn't understand how you could have hurt the man you loved more than anything. Sure, he had continuously shut you out, but you were not the type of person to be unfaithful to someone you were committed to - yet you had been unfaithful.

It occurred to you that you'd lost yourself, in some way, and you needed to find you again before you could move forward. You needed to work on yourself so that you didn't end up hurting your marriage anymore than you already had.

Brian wasn't going to know where you would be once you left, so you didn't know when you would see him again. You weren't going to leave forever, still you hoped that the present moment wouldn't be the last time you saw him.

Everything was explained in the note you'd written, and you'd stressed that it was you, not him. You weren't leaving because you didn't love him - you were leaving because you loved him.

You just hoped he would be able to forgive you.

For a final time, you ran your fingers through his curls gently, so much so that he couldn't feel it.

"I love you," you whispered. "And I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me,"

With that, you straightened up, taking one last look at your husband's face before you walked out of the room.

Soon enough, you had walked out of the house, and as you did, there was a strange sense of finality to it.

As if the end was drawing near.

❥••══════🎀══════••❥

After leaving the place that you had once called home, the first individual that you could think of seeing was Freddie, for he was probably the only person that knew you better than you knew yourself - even more than Brian did.